• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Argos blanket bans and offshoring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argos blanket bans and offshoring

I've heard that Argos are actually offshoring everyone based in their Milton Keynes HQ - not just their digital team. They've also declared everyone inside IR35 - coincidence? I'm guessing - by extension - Sainsbury's will probably be joining the "all inside" brigade too, seeing as they own them.

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...eynes-to-Mubai

Late to this party but yep, Sainsburys too. Everyone getting marching orders over the coming months with some available internal roles AND some super dodgy processes. For example your role is outsourced to the UK arm of the outsourcer for one day and then moved offshore. Its carnage...

Comment

We knew this over a a year ago.

https://offpayroll.org.uk/company/argos.co.uk

If you are at Argo and declared yourself back outside then you've only got yourself to blame.

Edit. Was just taking a dump and it occurred to me. We've talked about HMRC's low hanging fruit, outside to inside with years behind you. They must be salivating at someone like an Argo person that was outside, declared inside but it didn't hit, went outside again and now go inside. Jesus. It's like free money.
      Anyone intending to go inside a second time at a client like this must be absolutely ******* nuts. Bring it on HMRC I say.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 31 March 2021, 13:45.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        We knew this over a a year ago.

https://offpayroll.org.uk/company/argos.co.uk

If you are at Argo and declared yourself back outside then you've only got yourself to blame.

Edit. Was just taking a dump and it occurred to me. We've talked about HMRC's low hanging fruit, outside to inside with years behind you. They must be salivating at someone like an Argo person that was outside, declared inside but it didn't hit, went outside again and now go inside. Jesus. It's like free money.
        Anyone intending to go inside a second time at a client like this must be absolutely ******* nuts. Bring it on HMRC I say.
        The extra detail there is essential, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The extra detail there is essential, of course.
          Do my best thinking on the throne

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Do my best thinking on the throne
            And your best output no question about it.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

And your best output no question about it.
              I'll line 'em up, you knock 'em down

Comment

Working...
              X