• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deloitte confirms post-April 2021 ban on PSCs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be very interested to see what my client, a large IB, will do. I'm currently on an outside contract, Ltd Co and have filled in a questionnaire via QDOS who are presumably supply some kind of service/insurance to them.

We wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      I'm still of the view that at least some big corporates will take a different stance. They'll get their legal/risk/insurance/HR bods to work together and get contracts with clear working practices that make them safe from IR35. They'll then offer outside gigs. Everything else being equal these will be more appealing to contractors than inside gigs elsewhere. This will give those corporates first pick of the best contractors.

Given how many IR35 cases HMRC lose even when the end client hasn't really cared (hence potentially done/said things unhelpful to the contractor from an IR35 perspective), surely it won't be too hard for corporates to be 99% confident they'd win any HMRC legal challenges?

I think as with lots of things, there'll be an initial over-reaction, then a gradual drift back to the new normal (which will be lots of outside IR35 contracting gigs...but now no risk for the contractor).
      Yes this is already happening in Engineering where I work. I had an email from my agent letting me know my current role (and the one going forward) is considered outside IR35. The management feel certain roles that are consultant based should remain outside so that they can keep/hire the best.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post

Yes this is already happening in Engineering where I work. I had an email from my agent letting me know my current role (and the one going forward) is considered outside IR35. The management feel certain roles that are consultant based should remain outside so that they can keep/hire the best.
        I'm in engineering too. Current, direct, client has been very pragmatic with the approach and got all contractors third-party assessed, SDS issued as outside.

A friend of mine working for a large automotive is currently in there via a consultancy (owned by said large auto) and has had the same. End client was an absolute poopshow during the run up to the April 2020 false alarm, simply sweeping everyone inside. Having binned almost every contractor when Covid hit last year, they are now allowing certain routes to working with them on an outside basis.

Comment

Working...
        X