• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No IR35 Delay at RBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Are companies really doing full U turns. It's only been a couple of days. It's taken them 6 months to put this in place so I'm finding the list of U turns on the new site a bit difficult to believe to be honest.

I expect some will but it seems awfully quick for large organisations to have switched back.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Some are. Apparently Capita has done a u-turn. Assume they will just implement the same next year. A friend was just forced recently to go via umbrella. Have seen online but not confirmed that they will offer people to go back to Ltd.

When you see the likes of DB reverting there is a reaaon for that. As a company the internals say they are desperate as they struggle to keep talent or attract it. They also treat people like absolute dirt. They are keeping themselves afloat and they don't have to care because the risk is not theirs for another year. They have already shown their cards in this situation.

Leave a comment:

• ascender
    replied
    Surely its no surprise? Why would they look to roll anything back given its just a delay?

And at the moment, they won't have the staff to do anything about this even if they wanted to due to their coronavirus response.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by WavyDavy View Post
    Interesting opinions so far, thank you.

But think for a moment how powerful this group could be if we stuck together...
    If you can find the magic formula for that, I'll buy some from you.

We've been at this 5 years, we have a good population of clients, contractors past and present, but in terms of percentage of that population, probably not 10%.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Please check the history of the PCG and IPSE.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Interesting opinions so far, thank you.

But think for a moment how powerful this group could be if we stuck together...
    Please check the history of the PCG and IPSE.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yep, it's too late to turn this tanker around.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Find fairer IR35 clients. OffPayroll.org.uk

Scroll down to the list of u-turns / deferrals. There were no entries at close of play yesterday. I expect that list to grow over time. Other banks will jump on board. The whole legislation will likely get scrapped in my opinion and be replaced with something more workable over the next year, perhaps a new category of worker, the 'freelancer', for tax purposes.
    Last edited by oliverson; 19 March 2020, 10:41.

Leave a comment:

• Hanbanthankyoumam
    replied
    No one has been deemed inside or outside IR35 at RBS. There have been no determinations. There is no retrospective risk. If there had been determinations, I would agree with you. But there is no risk, RBS has gone for PSC blanket ban so does not have the issue of people being deemed inside IR35
    Was a generic query, not just relating to RBS. I know a lot of people that have had fair assessments, but will still look to use their PSC for this year!

Leave a comment:

• Hanbanthankyoumam
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yep - that's the point - the client has stated that they don't want substitution, believe there is some Mutual Obligation and want to supervise, direct or control the work. In the client is saying that how can you legimately claim to be outside...
    Thought so! I suppose they need to reap that £330bn back somewhere, very very sly tactics from Gov.

Inevitably, 21/22 will be another year of aggressive investigation for contractors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X