• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government review is on website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pring
    replied
    To save others like me who have been looking for clarify on overseas supply chains with no UK presence - the legislation has been updated so that things continue as they currently are.

During the review concerns were raised about how the rules will apply where the client is overseas. The Government has listened to those concerns and will amend the legislation to exclude wholly overseas organisations with no UK presence from having to consider the off-payroll working rules. This means the existing rules for engagements outside the public sector will continue to apply to engagements where the client is wholly overseas, and the individual's limited company will continue to determine the status of the individual.
    Bit of a shame as I was hoping to shunt the risk onto the overseas client (who HMRC would likely never be able to pursue) but at least I know where I stand now and am in control of my determination..

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    started a topic Government review is on website

Government review is on website

Review of changes to the off-payroll working rules: report and conclusions - GOV.UK

Working...
X