• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Schemes through ASMG / White Collar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shakka View Post
    Yep I have got a letter as well for 2008/09 having been with white collar so waiting to see what happens next. Will send a letter of appeal which I found on the Edge EBT thread and look to attend the conference mentioned here. Finding it difficult to understand how the retrospective charging can be made on something that was not illegal
    I've been advised not to use that letter but to use the one sent from WC. Speak to Patrick. PM me if you want his direct line.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post
      I've been advised not to use that letter but to use the one sent from WC. Speak to Patrick. PM me if you want his direct line.
      I’ve also been with ASMG and White Collars for 5 years (I am still with White Collars) and I got a letter from HRMC for 2008/09.
      Talked to Patrick and Kaite this morning and they will send me a letter to reply to HMRC.
      When I asked them why this is happening (the scheme is supposed to be legal and approved by IR) and if HMRC will take us to the court they both assured me that the scheme is legal and HRMC can’t take us to the court. They also told me that if they do so they will act on behalf of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Zarkana View Post
        I’ve also been with ASMG and White Collars for 5 years (I am still with White Collars) and I got a letter from HRMC for 2008/09.
        Talked to Patrick and Kaite this morning and they will send me a letter to reply to HMRC.
        When I asked them why this is happening (the scheme is supposed to be legal and approved by IR) and if HMRC will take us to the court they both assured me that the scheme is legal and HRMC can’t take us to the court. They also told me that if they do so they will act on behalf of us!
        I spoke to Patrick in person today. similar story.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post
          I spoke to Patrick in person today. similar story.
          Me too. Have you been sent anything in writing to confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by turnover View Post
            Me too. Have you been sent anything in writing to confirm this?
            Likewise, I've also been with then for 5 years and have been reassured in the same manner, here's hoping....

Comment

I had my letter through yesterday. I will be calling White Collar tomorrow Morning to see what they have to say.

I am sure they will try to reassure me and tell me not to worry and that they will represent us if it goes to court but I fear these may be empty promises just to stop existing clients from jumping ship

Comment

Originally posted by turnover
                That's my big concern. Be interested in what they say around this.
                Yes, that is my concern also, they were adament that they would provide support for anyone who was with them at the time in question irrespective of your current status. I expect we won't really know until the point in time that it is required, if it is required.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarkana View Post
                  Hi all,

I am in that same boat, got the dreaded 08/09 letter, but lost 14 days due to snail mail to Australia.

Does any one have a copy of the WC letter so I can meet the 30 days Appeal time line?

I also need a phone number for White Collar that works!

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Comment

Zarkana

Originally posted by AthomeinOz View Post
                    Hi all,

I am in that same boat, got the dreaded 08/09 letter, but lost 14 days due to snail mail to Australia.

Does any one have a copy of the WC letter so I can meet the 30 days Appeal time line?

I also need a phone number for White Collar that works!

Any and all help will be much appreciated.
                    Patrick's tel no <mod snip: please PM Z if you require this number, we are not permitting any individual's information on this thread.>

Comment

Thanks to all who PM'ed me.

I have made contact with White Collar and they are helping me through the first stage.

Will see what happen next.

Comment

Working...
                      X