• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appeal Letters

If you check out the main thread on this subject, Michael J Perry has posted a template appeal letter that you can use in the first instance.

DesparateDan - I am interested in Michael's offer, depending on cost and cost of room hire. As long as we can get enough of us interested (10), then it should be ok. Thanks for offering to sort out the where...I will have a think to see if I can think of somewhere.

Michael J Perry - how much will the "cost of the seminar" be please?

Hope everyone is ok

Penguin

Comment

Cost of seminar

Apart from room hire there should be no further costs involved.

My time will be free of charge.

Comment

Seminar

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
        Apart from room hire there should be no further costs involved.

My time will be free of charge.
        Great! Thanks

Dan - have you had many takers via PM?

Comment

Seminar

Originally posted by Penguin View Post
          Great! Thanks

Dan - have you had many takers via PM?
          3 more people responded today, making 9 so far, who have expressed an interest in attending a Seminar in London. (But, I doubt there will be a date/time convenient to everybody)

I will send a message over the weekend, to the people who have responded to see if I can work out what would be the best fit .

Dan

Comment

Another one here!

Hi,

I also just received a discovery tax assessment for year ending 5th Aprl 2009 from Miss Stopp. I have made enquiries with Cobham Murphy to assist me with the appeal and will be following this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
              I have already posted a suggested appeal letter on the EBT forum for use in connection with the 2008/09 income tax assessment.
              May I please have the link to the appeal letter if it's not too much trouble? Sorry I cannot locate it myself. Thank you.

Comment

Re: Seminar

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
                3 more people responded today, making 9 so far, who have expressed an interest in attending a Seminar in London. (But, I doubt there will be a date/time convenient to everybody)

I will send a message over the weekend, to the people who have responded to see if I can work out what would be the best fit .

Dan
                Dan, I have a colleague in my office that would also like to attend. We are City based and any evening works for us.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by LordF View Post
                  Dan, I have a colleague in my office that would also like to attend. We are City based and any evening works for us.

Thank you
                  Also city based and could be interested depending on date and time. Many thanks for offering to do this!

Comment

First response from hmrc regarding appeal received

I'd also be interested in attending the seminar, I'm London based for work.

I have received a first response from HMRC with regards to my appeal,unfortunately all the arguments put forward by my accountant have been dismissed so I am now in an even greater need for more advice.

Comment

what are the reasons you gave and why did they dismissed the argumnet

Originally posted by Shrek77 View Post
                      I'd also be interested in attending the seminar, I'm London based for work.

I have received a first response from HMRC with regards to my appeal,unfortunately all the arguments put forward by my accountant have been dismissed so I am now in an even greater need for more advice.
                      what are the reasons you gave and why did they dismissed the argumnet

Comment

Working...
                      X