• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOLD1 View Post
    TTUK advice is not Independent and it looks like they have done a deal with HMRC to get clients to settle. I will not be acting on TTUKs advice or paying them a penny for any advice! KEEP AWAY FROM THEM! 😞
    What makes you think they have done a deal with HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
      What makes you think they have done a deal with HMRC?
      Just a hunch from their advise to settle!

Comment

I doubt if TTUK have done a deal - HMRC won't be rewarding them for getting clients to settle; however it is possible that it gets a lot of pissed-off users away from schemes that TTUK are, allegedly, associated with. It's worth noting that whilst you are responsible for your own tax arrangements, if the schemes were run ineffectively and mismanaged and you have a tax liability as a result of that mismanagement then you may be able to give the scheme suppliers a kicking (I wouldn't hold your breath though).

There are enough ambulance chasers making money from people's fear of the unknown. For example, some ask for a % of the money, allegedly, owed to HMRC and payment up front before they will do anything.

The advice I'm getting from reputable Tax Accountants is wait and see what the legislation is, wait for the demands and take it from there.

.....and the usual - if you are in a scheme and it seems to good to be true - get out.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
          .....and the usual - if you are in a scheme - get out.
          ftfy as you really should not be in a scheme nowadays....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TTUK advice is not Independent and it looks like they have done a deal with HMRC to get clients to settle. ...
            What is your supporting evidence to show that they have done a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
              What is your supporting evidence to show that they have done a deal?
              He has no evidence convict, just a hunch...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                He has no evidence convict, just a hunch...
                I think most of us have been dealing with so much miss-information over the last year or two, we are now seeing conspiracy theories everywhere.

Comment

PM Rights Please

Hi

Wanting to know where other people are up to with group represtentation etc. Can somebody here grant me PM rights please?

Thanks

Comment

Well I would advise not to let Tax Talk represent as they are not reliable and unprofessional as well not impartial.

Comment

Hi all, I too have received a letter from TaxTalk which is disappointing. Their advice is to accept the "quite favourable" terms from HMRC. I am not ready to give in to HMRC and would like to know what other people are planning or who they are using for representation as I no longer want to use TaxTalk as they seem to be linked to TRM/Cherrylon through Futurelink. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated and is there a group representation?

Comment

Working...
                      X