• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by convict View Post
    I should also add, only you know whether or not appealing is what you really want to do and you need to understand the implications there (possible interest accrual etc.) The alternative is to pay it off.

Of course appealing/postponing is purely that; it does not resolve the matter.
    Has anyone actually paid the assessment and got a closure letter?

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
      Has anyone actually paid the assessment and got a closure letter?
      If you are in a position to pay, then there may be a settlement opportunity this month

Comment

Settle now

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
        If you are in a position to pay, then there may be a settlement opportunity this month
        What are the benefits of settling now?

(Here is a massive bill with interest, as opposed to waiting till October when the same massive bill will appear having slightly more interest added?)

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
          What are the benefits of settling now?

(Here is a massive bill with interest, as opposed to waiting till October when the same massive bill will appear having slightly more interest added?)
          I'm not suggesting anyone should settle now, but if your exposure is small and you can get some kind of closure letter from HMRC, then it may be worth it

Comment

PM Rights

Originally posted by contractor2009 View Post
            Hi, I'm also new on the site and another contractor who has received a large and unfair bill from HMRC from my time at Trentburg. Would someone be kind enough to provide advise on what to do. I will be submitting my appeal letter tomorrow as there's no way I can afford to repay this either. Will try seek tax advice also, any recommendations out there? Many Thanks
            Hello

Can you please grant me PM rights?

Many Thanks

Comment

Trentburg

I have received in November covering 2009 and then in December for 2010 demands for tax from HMRC whilst under the umbrella of Trentburg. I thought after signing various forms and being told this was legal and accepted by HMRC to now find out that this is clearly not the case in HMRC view. What puzzles me is the amounts HMRC are claiming are more than I have earned in the 2 years.

I have now received a letter from Tax Talk providing a document stating what the next options available now that Boyle Vs HMRC lost his case. Really need some advice as have no idea what to do apart from worry!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomara2003 View Post
                I have received in November covering 2009 and then in December for 2010 demands for tax from HMRC whilst under the umbrella of Trentburg. I thought after signing various forms and being told this was legal and accepted by HMRC to now find out that this is clearly not the case in HMRC view. What puzzles me is the amounts HMRC are claiming are more than I have earned in the 2 years.

I have now received a letter from Tax Talk providing a document stating what the next options available now that Boyle Vs HMRC lost his case. Really need some advice as have no idea what to do apart from worry!
                Don't panic. Read all the forums here and get PM rights.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
                  Don't panic. Read all the forums here and get PM rights.
                  Hi all, I am in the same boat as many of you. Please may somebody grant me PM rights.

Comment

I have now received a letter from Tax Talk providing a document stating what the next options available now that Boyle Vs HMRC lost his case.I don't trust what they are telling me as they left me hanging for over 1 week without a response.

Can someone advise what to do about TRM and Cherrylone?
                    Were they both DOTAS registered?

Comment

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg S...

Charlie from the old Cherrylon and TRM informs me that neither were under DOTAS but not sure that matters now!
                      Last edited by GOLD1; 26 April 2014, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                      X