• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God I'm not alone!

Greetings to this Forum and thanks for existing. Reading a few pages of this has at least removed that feeling of 'I'm on my own here'.

I have been contracting for 12 years and over that time have followed the traditional salary / dividends route, an Umbrella solution until Dec 2015 and then a Limited Company Solution from this year on. All had progressed smoothly for some time and then I have suddenly found myself receiving an Investigation from HMRC for 12/13 - the year I moved from PAYE to the Umbrella Solution. This has now broadened into requests for SA for 13/14 and 14/15. At the same time my provider is warning of impending Autumn Statement legislation and fore-stalling measures. All very worrying!

For a while, I have tried to ride this out but the stress is growing steadily as I contemplate potential Bankruptcy. It is hard not to panic despite all the obvious games being played by HMRC and I have made the decision to revert to Old School accounting and take the income hit from Jan 17 when my new company year begins. Doesn't remove the worry over what will happen next though...

I have also ask to join big group and will be looking for help in their to ease both my concerns and my wife's worries over our house and life!

Anyhow - thanks to you all for existing. If any of you are familiar with Dark Blue or Keystone please let me know if you are on a similar journey....not sure i can say much more on here

Comment

Originally posted by Pesman View Post
      Greetings to this Forum and thanks for existing. Reading a few pages of this has at least removed that feeling of 'I'm on my own here'.
      Welcome to the club!

I found myself in a similar situation almost exactly 1 year ago, stumbled across this forum on CUK, discovered big group, learnt a bit about the mess I was in. You are most certainly not alone, joining big group is definitely a positive move.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesman View Post
        I have also ask to join big group and will be looking for help in their to ease both my concerns and my wife's worries over our house and life!

Anyhow - thanks to you all for existing. If any of you are familiar with Dark Blue or Keystone please let me know if you are on a similar journey....not sure i can say much more on here
        Its best not to say any more on a public forum.

Big Group are the way to go and have private forums.

Comment

What is Big Group?

I've received letters re 08/09 tax year. What is Big Group?

Comment

me too!

Originally posted by woftam View Post
            Hi Snurbs
            You need to get PM access before I can PM you.
            Ask fo it here
            Woftam
            Hi, I would like to be connected too. Am in Sydney. Can you PM me pls?

Comment

Seeking info

Can't work out how to post on this so apologies if I double post.... I am an ex UK contractor. Worked for Penfolds via Cascade in 08/09. Am awaiting info from Big Group whether to join or not. I'm in Australia.... is anyone else in this situation in Oz who has some more experience in this than me (which is very little)? And can't work out how to PM people... maybe it's tied up with access which perhaps is not automatic and as it's the middle of the night in the UK someone will see my posts tomorrow.

Comment

You have PM access now Fairlight.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Post 1 of this thread contains useful information.

For Big Group see this thread :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...big-group.html

The very first post contains joining instructions.

Basically, Big Group are the only game in town for fighting loan scheme demands from HMRC.

Comment

just received a notice

HI I am another freaked out Aussie who just received a notice. Could I please have PM access so I can email some of the other Aussies to see what they are doing.

thanks
                    Sudeep

Comment

Originally posted by nitekat View Post
                      HI I am another freaked out Aussie who just received a notice. Could I please have PM access so I can email some of the other Aussies to see what they are doing.

thanks
                      Sudeep
                      You now have access to the PM system.

Comment

Working...
                      X