• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM Rights.

Thanks Cojak, Admins for organising PM.

I have already received contact from Mchael and others, Thanks.

Comment

PA Holdings vs HMRC

Hi All,

I've just read that PA Holdings have withdrawn their application to the Supreme Court:

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk

search PA Holdings

I haven't been able to find any comment from PA Holdings themselves
      Last edited by Living life on the Edge; 19 April 2013, 11:30. Reason: original URL didn't work
      "No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores."

Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Ritchie v CIR CS 1929 14 TC 754, Lord Clyde.

Comment

PM Rights

Originally posted by AthomeinOz View Post
        Thanks Cojak, Admins for organising PM.

I have already received contact from Mchael and others, Thanks.
        Hello Cojak / Admin, is it possible to give me PM rights too? I would also like to contact those who know more than I.

Thanks.

Comment

There is a case this month with the tribunal

I am told there is a case this month regarding an EBT - wasn't told which but if it goes in favour of HMRC then they are most likely able to legitimately go after other people in other EBTs........stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Itcontractorlondonuk View Post
            I am told there is a case this month regarding an EBT - wasn't told which but if it goes in favour of HMRC then they are most likely able to legitimately go after other people in other EBTs........stay tuned.
            I have a feeling this is the appeal for those using the consulting overseas scheme (whose test case is indeed due to be heard this month - reading the update on the consulting overseas thread) - which wasn't an EBT per se - from what I can tell anyway..

Although, if you do get further details, please share..

Comment

Originally posted by CDJ View Post
              I have a feeling this is the appeal for those using the consulting overseas scheme (whose test case is indeed due to be heard this month - reading the update on the consulting overseas thread) - which wasn't an EBT per se - from what I can tell anyway..

Although, if you do get further details, please share..
              Thanks for the clarification CDJ.

Please can I make CUK's position clear on this - please be accurate with your description of any scheme you are talking about. DO NOT USE THE TERM 'EBT' IF THE SCHEME IS NOT/WAS NOT AN EBT.

Failure to do this will get your post moved from the thread you originally placed it in or deleted completely.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Itcontractorlondonuk View Post
                I think this assumption that case against one EBT will apply to all EBTs is completely wrong. Each EBT is different and administered in different ways. For sure "stay tuned" to tribunal cases related to anti-avoidance but one result does not apply to all

Comment

AML - don't understand why people are getting letters

Hi,

forgive my coming late to this party but i've just ready the whole thread and noticed AML cropping up a few times. Is this Actinium Management Ltd?

If so I thought they had ceased trading (not the same as winding up) back in 2007 so not sure why people have assessments relating to 08/09?

I was with them and do have a COP8 enquiry from 2006/7 but have heard nothing in the past 4 years or so since I got a letter opening the investigation. All feedback I have from Actinium themselves is that they have not been contacted by HMRC since they sent them info in response to a request from HMRC back in 2010.

Anyone know anything else?

HA

Comment

Originally posted by handyandy View Post
                    Hi,

forgive my coming late to this party but i've just ready the whole thread and noticed AML cropping up a few times. Is this Actinium Management Ltd?

If so I thought they had ceased trading (not the same as winding up) back in 2007 so not sure why people have assessments relating to 08/09?

I was with them and do have a COP8 enquiry from 2006/7 but have heard nothing in the past 4 years or so since I got a letter opening the investigation. All feedback I have from Actinium themselves is that they have not been contacted by HMRC since they sent them info in response to a request from HMRC back in 2010.

Anyone know anything else?

HA
                    Can't speak about your case specifically - just to say that I too have enquiries many years old and have heard nothing. The oldest is or 05/06 FY, literally have heard nothing outside the notification of enquiry at the time, aside from a few instances I've chased HMRC direct personally to find out what is going on.

Comment

Discovery NOT allowed!

Important - Check out the latest tier 2 tribunal for

Revenue Vs Charlton (gabelle tax or accounting web)

HMRC NOT Allowed to use Discovery when sufficient information was disclosed at the time of tax return....

Comment

Working...
                      X