• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone successfully had the loans written off by Optimus Fiduciaries? They have quoted me £300 to write them off. Which I can live with, but I'm kind of terrified that this will trigger a request to pay the loans back. They sound legit - but as we all know, sounding and being are different things.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
      Has anyone successfully had the loans written off by Optimus Fiduciaries? They have quoted me £300 to write them off. Which I can live with, but I'm kind of terrified that this will trigger a request to pay the loans back. They sound legit - but as we all know, sounding and being are different things.
      Seems a simple enough question for them to answer. Have you asked them?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

But the charge from HMRC is that the receipt of the loans in the first place was disguised remuneration. Yes that should be challenged, but look what the government are planning with new legislation announced in Budget, writing off loans means nothing to HMRC you will be still given APN or whatever legislation comes into force in 2019. Seek independent advice.
        http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Seems a simple enough question for them to answer. Have you asked them?
          Indeed I did. And they said they wouldn't be asking for repayment (over the phone). Now I'm typing this, I'm aware it sounds paranoid, however, they are within their rights to ask for payment.

Landrover, I know it doesn't affect the tax position. Have been around here long enough to know that.
          Last edited by LadyPenelope; 8 April 2016, 18:34.

Comment

LadyPenelope are Optimus Fiduciaries now the trustees for ASIOM loans? May I ask if that £300 was a flat fee or a percentage of the loans?

Comment

Originally posted by frodo View Post
              LadyPenelope are Optimus Fiduciaries now the trustees for ASIOM loans? May I ask if that £300 was a flat fee or a percentage of the loans?
              It was a flat fee. They definitely have the correct loan amounts as I was able to check back to my records. This seems to always be the case based on info I've had from other people.

Thing is, I was transferred to Marra Solutions in Feb 2007 and I have yet to track down who, if anyone is the trustee for these loans. I've asked Optimus if it's them and I'm waiting for a reply but if anyone knows who is I'd appreciate it if they could let me know.

Comment

Indeed I did. And they said they wouldn't be asking for repayment (over the phone). Now I'm typing this, I'm aware it sounds paranoid, however, they are within their rights to ask for payment.
                I suggest that you get that in writing and soon.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  I suggest that you get that in writing and soon.
                  Apparently other people have done this successfully. Of course I've asked for it in writing!

Comment

It was a flat fee. They definitely have the correct loan amounts as I was able to check back to my records. This seems to always be the case based on info I've had from other people.

Thing is, I was transferred to Marra Solutions in Feb 2007 and I have yet to track down who, if anyone is the trustee for these loans. I've asked Optimus if it's them and I'm waiting for a reply but if anyone knows who is I'd appreciate it if they could let me know.
                    Thanks, Lady P. Webberg does this sound legit to you? I know you guys are doing some work around the write-off of loans and I was under the impression that it was not that straight forward because the tax legislation in IOM is unclear on a lot of the trust outcomes of loan write-offs

Comment

Apparently other people have done this successfully. Of course I've asked for it in writing!
                      Written confirmation of write-off received, in case anyone is thinking of doing the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X