• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemloy View Post
    All
    I had to repay £12k but obviously didn't have it, HMRC will let you pay it in instalments...if that helps. .
    Without going into actual figures, how did the negotiation for time to pay play out ?
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

All
      Not sure how much luck your accountant will have with them...but I hope he/she has better luck than the rest of us. I had to repay £12k but obviously didn't have it, HMRC will let you pay it in instalments...if that helps.
      I am a member of the legal group and posted earlier in this thread. Basically our money has gone. If you think there is an avenue we haven't tried think again. This was a clever scam and the money has gone, any that had so far been recovered has gone to the administrators.
      Probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't have any good news I'm afraid.
      Hi Mike,
      was the 12K the figure Bradbury calculated for you based on the partnership scheme?
      Thanks

Comment

Took me 18 months to pay it all back, based on 12k you can work out out how much per month. I paid that much to get rid of it whilst I was in a good contract. Just in case I found myself out of work. Fortunately it's all in the past for me so if anything ever does come back to me then I'll book a holiday 😄 point is HMRC would be happy with whatever reasonable timescale you set but must stick with it....

Comment

Thanks Mike
          I'm still waiting for the HMRC hopefully can get this sorted once and for all

Comment

One year on

Finally getting to the end of this. Ultimately having to pay a stupid sum.

Anyone else still going through this?

Comment

HMRC time to pay

Originally posted by regron View Post
              Without going into actual figures, how did the negotiation for time to pay play out ?
              along the lines of
              HMC: you owe us 12k
              Me: I don't have it
              HMRC how much can you afford to pay?
              ME: xxx per month
              HMRC: ok set up a Standing order

Comment

Originally posted by FICO View Post
                Hi Mike,
                was the 12K the figure Bradbury calculated for you based on the partnership scheme?
                Thanks
                The 12K was based on my final accounts delivered by Bradbury of my partnership and the demand was from HMRC.....at the time it nearly crippled me (not to mention the pain I felt about double paying tax), but hopefully that sage is behind me now.

Comment

The 12K was based on my final accounts delivered by Bradbury of my partnership and the demand was from HMRC.....at the time it nearly crippled me (not to mention the pain I felt about double paying tax), but hopefully that sage is behind me now.
                  How many months were you given to pay?

Comment

time to pay

Originally posted by Wibble1 View Post
                    How many months were you given to pay?
                    You tell them what you can afford per month and multiply by how many months you need...they will accept whatever number you give them but you need to stick to it.

Comment

Any Idea how to track these people down?

Interested in hearing if they were ever charged with fraud?

Comment

Working...
                      X