• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after finding out how much Sunday have cost me, I now have Von Essen witholding monies due.
    Apparently they're in one bank account and their bank is taking it's time (hmm, over a month?) to transfer the money into another account so it can be distributed to me.
    Pull the other one.

Calling the number on their website gets through to their building's switchboard who do not work for Von Essen.
    They appear to only have the numer of people in the international finance department who then need to be asked to put you through to the UK department.
    Sally is the person in the UK department who's given me the spin about th bank not playing ball.

I need this money to pay at least some of my tax bill off.
    I'm no longer contracting so I can't just pull out a couple of grand to foot the bill

Comment

This is worrying

Originally posted by swilmot View Post
      And, following from the above post, I had a reply in the post (delivered after seeing him) forward on to me from my MP from HMRC. I rang them to query the letter and just to say that the HMRC are currently investigating the Sunday group of companies.
      Unfortunately confidentiality prevents them from letting me know more ...

Hope this may cheer a few people up.

Simon
      Are you sure of what they are investigating?
      it is known( Bradbury told us this ) that the HMRC are interested in "status" enquiries into whether the people in the schemes were really employees. Is that what they are involved in?
      If you have not heard from HMRC by now you are not subject of an enquiry. If the partnership was under enquiry the partners ought to have been written to by HMRC . Failing which Bradbury and Co Limited ought to have told the people in the partnerships.
      There is also the mess with the VAT - late registrations and VAT returns late etc.If the tax is not or has not been paid by Bradbury or the partnerships then the tax office will look to the partners for the missing money.

Are you ready to raise more money to pay off the VAT that might be due?
      I know I 'm not

Comment

Make sure you tell the tax office

Originally posted by Xac View Post
        Well after finding out how much Sunday have cost me, I now have Von Essen witholding monies due.
        Apparently they're in one bank account and their bank is taking it's time (hmm, over a month?) to transfer the money into another account so it can be distributed to me.
        Pull the other one.

Calling the number on their website gets through to their building's switchboard who do not work for Von Essen.
        They appear to only have the numer of people in the international finance department who then need to be asked to put you through to the UK department.
        Sally is the person in the UK department who's given me the spin about th bank not playing ball.

I need this money to pay at least some of my tax bill off.
        I'm no longer contracting so I can't just pull out a couple of grand to foot the bill
        First may be a real excuse but then it may not.
        If they do not cough up - make sure you tell the debt management people of this double dip by what appears to be the same basic group of people.
        Twice bitten eh?

Comment

Eightsome reel

Originally posted by biggles_1 View Post
          It worries me that if they are investigating but the accounts have been cleared out we will get bills for extra tax owed and have no help in paying them. There may be accounts with money in but they've not been overly forthcoming in showing any evidence of these.

I'm still reeling from the amount I had to cover from my own pocket last time round.

J.
          Has The VAT been settled for your partnership?
          When the music stops you may have to pay if it has not .

Comment

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
            First may be a real excuse but then it may not.
            If they do not cough up - make sure you tell the debt management people of this double dip by what appears to be the same basic group of people.
            Twice bitten eh?
            Well, after help from the director of the international office, they managed to get hold of someone in the UK office who appologised and said it would be paid the next day by the afternoon.
            It was
            Also had a missed call and VM from Sally saying they were calling to confirm the payment had gone through.
            Had a packet from them when I got home with all my submitted expense reciepts in.
            So giving them the benefit of the doubt, it was the bank's fault in transferring the money to their distribution account. The cynic in me however says there's a possibility that they're investing the money they skim off us for the tax man, and their investment has gone down, so they had to wait til the end of the month to have enough money to make a payment, OR it could be it took that long to get the investment liquidated to make the payment.
            So, phoned the SA helpline 08453661204 and made a payment. I still owe £4400, and they just asked me if I'd given any thoughts on how I was going to pay it. I said I've not had a chance to check my finances but probably £100 a month (permanent positions may have benefits like sick and holiday pay, but the salary sucks! ) and they were OK with that, their main concern was that it was an amount that I would definitely be able to pay each month.
            So not as bad as I was expecting.
            Now if only the administrators (whoever they are) were to contact me with the money Sunday have stolen...

Comment

If you are using you Von essen Retention for tax Money

To pay the Sinday solutions Tax as it seems, what are you going to pay the tax on the Von essen earnings with?

Are you going to able to save that while waiting for Sunday Solutions and the partnerships to cough up?

By the way well persisted in getting your cash out of them

Comment

To pay the Sinday solutions Tax as it seems, what are you going to pay the tax on the Von essen earnings with?

Are you going to able to save that while waiting for Sunday Solutions and the partnerships to cough up?

By the way well persisted in getting your cash out of them
                The tax bill of £7500ish was the tax from 08/09 under Sunday, and 09/10 payments on account under Von Essen.
                Even if I get the profit share from Sunday, it's only just over £2000 (thanks to being charged £5000 to "run" the partnership, despite initial forcast was for about 1/5th of that) so it won't cover the outstanding balance, but it would knock a fair chunk off it.

Comment

Sunday Charges

If you got charged an extra £5,000 what was it for?

Comment

If you got charged an extra £5,000 what was it for?
                    Bradbury (Accountancy) (612.98)
                    Insurances, Invoice & Payments Co. (1,432.76)
                    Insurance, Admin & IP fee (2,513.00)
                    Legal Support Co. (122.93)
                    Sundry (Bank charges etc) (136.03)

Comment

What were you quoted and what percentage of turnover is what they charged you?
                      This is sensitive info you may wish to personal message me. You can if you wish PM

Comment

Working...
                      X