• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    Do you really think anyone here is going to believe a statement like that? I am MD of my company and I know it is not merely a job title ...
    Give the man a chance!
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
      If you allowed yourself to be called an MD, without knowing/caring about what this should involve and therefore not having a handle on what the business was up to, you were in effect allowing yourself to be used as a front man by behind-the-scenes puppet masters and I would therefore question your business sense, or apparent lack thereof.

Doesn't instil confidence if you want me to use your company, does it?
      Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
      Do you really think anyone here is going to believe a statement like that? I am MD of my company and I know it is not merely a job title ...
      Actually it is just a title.

The MD is chosen by the board of directors and invested only with those powers and responsibilities that they see fit to allow. It is entrely possible that he was MD in title only with no real responsibility for operation of the company. Thats not to say it is a good thing, but legally it is entirely possible.

Company Law: Legal position of a managing director
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Actually it is just a title.

The MD is chosen by the board of directors and invested only with those powers and responsibilities that they see fit to allow. It is entrely possible that he was MD in title only with no real responsibility for operation of the company. Thats not to say it is a good thing, but legally it is entirely possible.

Company Law: Legal position of a managing director
        I understand the difference for corporate responibility and the legalities. But I find it hard to accept the credibility of someone in a start up company who denies responsiblity for a failure of the magnitude of Sunday Solutions stating that he was only the MD.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Grant Thornton letters

Have been keeping an eye on this forum recently and glad to see people back on it talking about this whole sorry mess.

I can see there are a few topics of conversation but also want to ask who got a letter from Grant Thornton r.e. Liquidation of Sunday Solutions.
          Is anyone going to the meeting ?

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
            If you allowed yourself to be called an MD, without knowing/caring about what this should involve and therefore not having a handle on what the business was up to, you were in effect allowing yourself to be used as a front man by behind-the-scenes puppet masters and I would therefore question your business sense, or apparent lack thereof.

Doesn't instil confidence if you want me to use your company, does it?
            My responsibilities were always with regards to the sales and marketing function of the Company. The growth of that Company over the first 3 years of its lifespan was phenomenal and that was solely how my performance and/or business sense was measured. I was specifically prohibited from having any involvement in the financial aspects of the business.
            I have learned a lot from the experience in terms of how to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process upon any business entity that I will ever choose to be associated with again and will never take anything on trust without thorough scrutiny.
            With our new business model, the two directors are the shareholders and the only shareholders. We have complete visibility and control over the Company. We are acting as a marketing conduit for a number of firms that have significant and verifiable track records, the majority of which have been established over decades, which is a very different proposition to that of Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkBreeze View Post
              My responsibilities were always with regards to the sales and marketing function of the Company. The growth of that Company over the first 3 years of its lifespan was phenomenal and that was solely how my performance and/or business sense was measured. I was specifically prohibited from having any involvement in the financial aspects of the business.
              I have learned a lot from the experience in terms of how to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process upon any business entity that I will ever choose to be associated with again and will never take anything on trust without thorough scrutiny.
              With our new business model, the two directors are the shareholders and the only shareholders. We have complete visibility and control over the Company. We are acting as a marketing conduit for a number of firms that have significant and verifiable track records, the majority of which have been established over decades, which is a very different proposition to that of Sunday.
              Good to learn lessons. Of course one of those directors is Phil Nicholson and the other is Black Box Wealth LLP. Good to keep it transparent.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                Good to learn lessons. Of course one of those directors is Phil Nicholson and the other is Black Box Wealth LLP. Good to keep it transparent.
                With respect, our recent participation in this forum makes us far from opaque.

Comment

Mark

I am interested to know the names of the family member and friends you claim to have signed up to Sunday/Bradbury.

As you are familiar with the action group I am certain you would have pointed them in that direction so we can check if any of what you claim is true.

I await your response with interest.

John

Comment

Originally posted by PhilBreeze View Post
                    With respect, our recent participation in this forum makes us far from opaque.
                    You're defending your position and I respect that. What that has to do with opacity I do not know.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by MrJGrinder View Post
                      Mark

I am interested to know the names of the family member and friends you claim to have signed up to Sunday/Bradbury.

As you are familiar with the action group I am certain you would have pointed them in that direction so we can check if any of what you claim is true.

I await your response with interest.

John
                      Hi John
                      I don't think that it's appropriate to publish names of individuals on a public forum.
                      I suggest the best way forward here may be to meet face to face - which I am happy to do.
                      I can be contacted via the office switchboard or PM me and I will forward you my personal mobile number.
                      I am in London usually 3 or 4 days per week and can meet at our office or a location of your choice.
                      As I am unsure of your location, I would also be prepared to meet you outside of working hours including the weekend if that would be be more mutually convenient?

Please let me know?
                      Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X