• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from HMRC regarding possible involvement in Tax avoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    That looks wrong for the reason that Taxable gross pay figure is wrong - what is your daily assignment rate - as otherwise those figures are utterly insane.

But there is a second question here as the letter you've got will be based on agency reporting regulations reports and the April to June figures aren't due to be reported until 5th August - so this must relate to something prior to April.

So when did you start working with this agency and who did you work for previously?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    If you can share which Umbrella you use, others will be able to share whether they look legit.

And, are you sure the HMRC letter refers to your current engagement/employment? Have you in the past worked via a different Umbrella or scheme?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I would contact HMRC and check with them. Which umbrella are you with?

Leave a comment:

• Letter from HMRC regarding possible involvement in Tax avoidance

Hello everyone.

I am looking for some advice, if possible.

I have gotten the HMRC letter saying you may be involved in a possible tax avoidance scheme.

However I get my weekly payment all as a single sum and when looking at my payslip tax and NI appear to be correct.

I am posting the important parts from the payslip bellow. Any advice on this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I am paid weekly.

Weekly pay 2122.25

Deductions:
    Tax 584.20
    National insurance 116.76
    Pension 42.25
    Umbrella fee 15.0
    Total: 758.31

Taxable gross pay:

Employer national insurance:

Net pay:

The same tax/NI deductions are visible on the HMRC personal tax account. Thank you again for the help.

Working...
X