• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TTP - time to pay Loan Charge and Settlement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Richardson GT Leeds View Post
    My favourite real life example is someone who has been a "contractor" at the same multinational for more than 5 years now

During the two years that he was employed by one "umbrella", he received loans > £350k …..
    - but at least he qualifies under my rule that using a scheme is a rich person's game.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Richardson GT Leeds View Post
    My favourite real life example is someone who has been a "contractor" at the same multinational for more than 5 years now

During the two years that he was employed by one "umbrella", he received loans > £350k …..
    Oh dear...........

Leave a comment:

• Ian Richardson GT Leeds
    replied
    PYFT

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Which would be completely unrealistic if the tax bill was more than a hundred grand or so. Anyone persistent in using schemes for a number of years on a day rate of more 500 quid could quite likely fit that bill. I really don't have much idea, but a tax debt of more than a 100 grand is perhaps not unheard of?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    True but it wasn't so long ago that HMRC were only accepting max 2 years TTP.
    Which would be completely unrealistic if the tax bill was more than a hundred grand or so. Anyone persistent in using schemes for a number of years on a day rate of more 500 quid could quite likely fit that bill. I really don't have much idea, but a tax debt of more than a 100 grand is perhaps not unheard of?

Leave a comment:

• Delendog
    replied
    Tax £77K FI added £22K -£99K total

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Maybe not, might indicate an enormous tax bill that nobody would regard as impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Impressive. Can anyone beat that?
    Maybe not, might indicate an enormous tax bill that nobody would regard as impressive.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Delendog View Post
    6) 20 years
    Impressive. Can anyone beat that?

Leave a comment:

• Delendog
    replied
    Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    Wondered what people experiences are. I see not many people have agreed these.

So - if we can keep this on topic would be great.
    1. Has anyone agreed
    2. How did you find the process and agreement
    3. Did you use an advisor or do this yourself
    4. Did you have to provide an Income and Expenditure statement
    5. Did HMRC ask lots of questions about your expenditure and if so refuse to include certain items
    6. How long was your TTP

Am finding the process pretty stressful IMHO.
    1) Yes
    2) A lot of back and forth - i did calculations myself including removing 10% for expenses.
    3) Did it myself but did copy in MP and LCAAPG - which vastly improved HMRC response time and got a named caseworker allocated.
    4) yes
    5) no
    6) 20 years

Leave a comment:

• Albert49
    replied
    Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    Wondered what people experiences are. I see not many people have agreed these.

So - if we can keep this on topic would be great.
    1. Has anyone agreed
    2. How did you find the process and agreement
    3. Did you use an advisor or do this yourself
    4. Did you have to provide an Income and Expenditure statement
    5. Did HMRC ask lots of questions about your expenditure and if so refuse to include certain items
    6. How long was your TTP

Am finding the process pretty stressful IMHO.
    1. Yes, agreed settlement
    2. Quite easy, I made a repayment offer of a lump sum of 30%, and how much I could afford per month (which was approx 25% of my pay after tax) and they agreed.
    3. Did it myself.
    4. No, just quoted my monthly income after tax.
    5. No.
    6. 100 months (8 + years)

Fortunately for me they messed, up the Forward interest calculation and only effectively charged me 0.5% .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X