• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employers NI as a result of HMRC Settlement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employers NI as a result of HMRC Settlement

Hi,

Hope this is the right place - whilst it’s an Employer’s NI related query it’s off the back of a settlement with HMRC so..

In 2014-15 I used a Norris scheme.

Agreed to pay the tax and NI due at the end of this year.

However, I was also charged for employer’s NI weighing in at about £17k

HMRC have refused to discuss whether they should have chased this from my former employer who are still trading.

Has anyone else had experience with settling and then looking to recoup the ‘should have been paid’ NI from their employer?

Thanks

Have you settled or are you talking about the loan charge?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Have you settled or are you talking about the loan charge?
      Due to settle end of this month.

Comment

ER NI on settlement

Originally posted by G0dsquad View Post
        Hi,

Hope this is the right place - whilst it’s an Employer’s NI related query it’s off the back of a settlement with HMRC so..

In 2014-15 I used a Norris scheme.

Agreed to pay the tax and NI due at the end of this year.

However, I was also charged for employer’s NI weighing in at about £17k

HMRC have refused to discuss whether they should have chased this from my former employer who are still trading.

Has anyone else had experience with settling and then looking to recoup the ‘should have been paid’ NI from their employer?

Thanks
        I assume you received loan as an individual not as company? HMRC wanted to charged me for company's NI and I have disputed and chosen to be taxed as self employed instead. I saved few thousand pounds in tax. Not sure if you are in the same situation but worth trying. Good luck I know how hard it is.

Comment

Working...
        X