• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help: HMRC Enquiry Letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Leave the company, go and see an accountant and straighten out your taxes. It will cost you, but better to get it over with and right off your losses. If you challenge it, it could take years and cost even more.
    OP, take note, this is very good advice.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Leave the company, go and see an accountant and straighten out your taxes. It will cost you, but better to get it over with and write off your losses. If you challenge it, it could take years and cost even more.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 November 2020, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Hmmm, Integra Resources LTD. Not a lot out there about them. They were incorporated back in 1989. One of the directors looks to be rather the skiing enthusiast. integra-resources dot co dot uk points to a holding page. Fascinating. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after 10 seconds of Googling. You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yes - you need to leave this company immediately and move to a legitimate umbrella.

Speak to Lucyclarityumbrella.

You'll find the Spotlight 45 article here...
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2825304

Leave a comment:

• Fewzhon
    started a topic Help: HMRC Enquiry Letter

Help: HMRC Enquiry Letter

Hi All,

Hoping for some advice; On Saturday i received a letter from HMRC regarding me being potentiality involved in tax avoidance - referencing Spotlight 45: Umbrella Companies offering to increase your take home pay

The contracting world is all new to me and i followed my colleagues by joining the same company as them and now I have received this letter. From looking through my contract, I signed up with Integra Resources LTD

I have been contracting since March 2019 - the accountants for this company have just sent across my self assessment and now i have received this letter.

I don't know what to do next / who I need to contact to get this sorted.

I will obviously be leaving the current - is it best to go with an accountant?

Working...
X