• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superfly
    replied
    FYI - https://wttconsulting.co.uk/contract...t-should-i-do/

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Superfly View Post

Also, a very important point can people please contact the company registry for the Isle of Man. The following two companies have applied for dissolution:

Professional Independent Trustees 126044C
    Garraway Resolutions Limited 016957V

They are basically trying to disappear leaving the so-called rights to collect the alleged 'loans' to Felicitas without Felicitas having to answer any questions as Felicitas will claim they only bought the rights to collect the loans and have no knowledge of what preceded it. The above two are important links in this dirty game and they have important questions to answer in the highly unlikely event this whole circus ever went to court.

Submit your objections to the registry that these two entities should not be allowed to dissolve without answering important questions regarding the trusts they claimed to have been managing as well as the claimed transfer of ownership of the trusts. Should push come to shove, this will leave open the possibility of the people involved in these nefarious entities be dragged into court even if they were dissolved, of whom you will go on to find were involved in the original schemes.
    https://services.gov.im/contact

Leave a comment:

• MrO666
    replied

Also, a very important point can people please contact the company registry for the Isle of Man. The following two companies have applied for dissolution:

They are basically trying to disappear leaving the so-called rights to collect the alleged 'loans' to Felicitas without Felicitas having to answer any questions as Felicitas will claim they only bought the rights to collect the loans and have no knowledge of what preceded it. The above two are important links in this dirty game and they have important questions to answer in the highly unlikely event this whole circus ever went to court.

Submit your objections to the registry that these two entities should not be allowed to dissolve without answering important questions regarding the trusts they claimed to have been managing as well as the claimed transfer of ownership of the trusts. Should push come to shove, this will leave open the possibility of the people involved in these nefarious entities be dragged into court even if they were dissolved, of whom you will go on to find were involved in the original schemes.

Might be an idea to add the link for objection, more people might do it then.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Several different names of loan scheme have been mentioned in this thread.

Presumably each scheme had its own Trust? Each Trust would have had trustees.

Were the trustees, for all the Trusts, the same people? If not the same people, was there a connection between them?

I'm guessing there is a reason why Felicitas have managed to get their hands on the loan books from these particular Trusts.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied

Done!

Leave a comment:

• Superfly
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

The Isle of Man has a Data Protection Act like the UK. The Act applies to private companies as well as public bodies.

You could submit a formal request to Felicitas, under the DPA, to provide copies of all information they hold on you. If they refuse, or don't respond within the statutory time limit, you could then report them to the IoM Information Commissioner. There are fines for non-compliance.

If everyone being hassled by Felicitas did that...

They are basically trying to disappear leaving the so-called rights to collect the alleged 'loans' to Felicitas without Felicitas having to answer any questions as Felicitas will claim they only bought the rights to collect the loans and have no knowledge of what preceded it. The above two are important links in this game and they have important questions to answer in the highly unlikely event this whole circus ever went to court.

Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 April 2021, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Has anyone considered going to the Isle of Man press about Felicitas?

The right reporter might be up for a bit of investigative journalism.

Over the past 20 years, tax firms on the Island have sold what are known as "loan schemes" to many tens of thousands of freelance workers in the UK. The schemes proved very lucrative and firms netted millions of pounds in fees. The schemes supposedly enabled the workers to avoid tax by receiving most of their pay, as beneficiaries of a Trust, in the form of non-taxable loans. The UK Government and HMRC came down hard on these schemes and most of the workers have now had to pay tax on the money.

About a year ago an Island company called Felicitas starting writing to workers, claiming they had acquired the loans from various Trusts, and demanding money, even though the workers had already been hit with tax bills. Felicitas engaged debt collectors in the UK to pursue people and issued dubious statutory demands. Threats were made of taking people to court, none of which has ever transpired. Many of the workers say they've been harassed and put under tremendous stress by the actions of Felicitas.

This paper decided to lift the lid on this company...

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Under different circumstances, a company might be able to claim that a flurry of requests for information were part of a vexatious campaign.

Under these circumstances, YOU have every right to demand copies of all the information they hold on you!
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 April 2021, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

That's an idea I really like.
    Dear IoM Information Commissioner

Re. Felicitas IoM

I am writing to report a breach of the IoM Data Protection Act.

On Xth April 2021 I wrote to the above company, under the Data Protection Act, requesting copies of all the information they hold on me.

I have received nothing at all from them. / I have received some information but I do not believe they have sent me everything they have.

Prior to a year ago, I had never even heard of this company. For the past 12 months, they have been repeatedly threatening legal action if I do not pay them. They claim to have acquired loans from many years ago from an Isle of Man Trust which I was a beneficiary of.

I hope you can appreciate why, in the circumstances, I wish to obtain all the information Felicitas holds on me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Victim of IoM scammers
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 April 2021, 12:11.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

The Isle of Man has a Data Protection Act like the UK. The Act applies to private companies as well as public bodies.

You could submit a formal request to Felicitas, under the DPA, to provide copies of all information they hold on you. If they refuse, or don't respond within the statutory time limit, you could then report them to the IoM Information Commissioner. There are fines for non-compliance.

If everyone being hassled by Felicitas did that...
    That's an idea I really like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X