• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJK
    replied
    The real uncertainty we all find ourselves in is knowing the legality of arguments for/against!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

It is definitely worth their while to continue. Over 18 months since starting this they haven't stopped.
    But they haven’t yet done the one thing that would ensure people pay up - which is taking someone to court, arguing that money is owed and the court agreeing with Felicitas.

yes I know they claim to be doing that with their Statutory instrument cases but that isn’t true and we should have killed that risk off for everyone who reads this forum and did what we told people to do.

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    I imagine there is not much more "easy money" to be made. Anyone who hasn't already caved into their demands probably isn't going to. The low hanging fruit has been picked.

They may not have given up but extracting any more now requires committing (risking) a lot of time and money to it.
    It is definitely worth their while to continue. Over 18 months since starting this they haven't stopped.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    I imagine there is not much more "easy money" to be made. Anyone who hasn't already caved into their demands probably isn't going to. The low hanging fruit has been picked.

They may not have given up but extracting any more now requires committing (risking) a lot of time and money to it.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Originally posted by MrO666 View Post

That's not quite correct.

If you were to join WTT (or one of the other groups), then Felicitas wouldn't attempt to take you as an individual to court, as they would be advised that you're part of a group action so to speak. By trying to then take you to court, my belief is that WTT (or another) would then step in. Ask WTT (or another) if that's the case or not though.
    That is the case, WTT will step in with thier legal team and represent the group.

Leave a comment:

• MrO666
    replied
    Originally posted by happychap View Post

I have spoken with WTT a few times, they have ben very helpful, they understand the schemes that we were all using, my only concern is if I pay them £800 what do I get for that. Piece of mind perhaps that i'm part of a group? but then if I'm taken to court it will be on an individual basis is my understanding.

I'm thiking that if Felicitas ever takes me to court i'm going to have to pay someone to represent me anyway so i'll wait till then.
    That's not quite correct.

If you were to join WTT (or one of the other groups), then Felicitas wouldn't attempt to take you as an individual to court, as they would be advised that you're part of a group action so to speak. By trying to then take you to court, my belief is that WTT (or another) would then step in. Ask WTT (or another) if that's the case or not though.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    My comment would be that were it to hit court £800 to get your lawyer up to speed would be money well spent compared to paying a lawyer to read everything and check things out.

the unknowns are:
    1. will Felicitas actual take someone to court except via the Statutory demand approach everyone on here should have avoided.
    2. where would the case be held as it should be in the IoM but there are issues doing it there (you need to pay
    i think I would wait and see

Leave a comment:

• happychap
    replied
    Originally posted by WJK View Post

Nope, same as Monkeypower. Have any of you spoken to WTT? Thought?
    I have spoken with WTT a few times, they have ben very helpful, they understand the schemes that we were all using, my only concern is if I pay them £800 what do I get for that. Piece of mind perhaps that i'm part of a group? but then if I'm taken to court it will be on an individual basis is my understanding.

I'm thiking that if Felicitas ever takes me to court i'm going to have to pay someone to represent me anyway so i'll wait till then.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Originally posted by GotScrewed View Post
    Has anyone engaged/acknowledged Felicitas' latest attempts? or are we waiting for the traditional "week before it expires" emails/texts?
    Nope, same as Monkeypower. Have any of you spoken to WTT? Thought?

Leave a comment:

• Monkeypower
    replied
    Originally posted by GotScrewed View Post
    Has anyone engaged/acknowledged Felicitas' latest attempts? or are we waiting for the traditional "week before it expires" emails/texts?
    Nah.. to semi-quote Felicitas, I'd rather wait till a judge decides that I must pay !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X