• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
    Exactly.......so if I've got this correct, Felicitas are basically saying:

"We issued a SD, the recipient ignored us, so we went to court and asked for our costs to be paid, but didn't bother pursuing the perceived debt..........and that's it".

That doesn't make any sense at all, and I'd have thought a judge wouldn't have seen any sense in that either.

Good point about the seriously back logged courts too......I hadn't even thought about that..!
    My issue is that I can't see how they can ask for their costs to be paid... That's not an option..

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
    So Felicitas are in court, and they "choose" not to prove that they:

A) Own the the "debt"

B) The "debt" is legitimate and the paperwork they have confirms this and backs up their claim

Now why on earth would they do that........it would be the one thing they could have done which would have proven at least some of their claims and no doubt persuaded many people to pay up..............it would seem they're not quite as confident as they claim.

If anyone is in contact with Felicitas, they should be asking them for the case number. It's a public record, so they cannot refuse on the basis of data protection or anything else. If they refuse to supply the case number, then that speaks volumes.
    In the case of a Statutory demand there is no need to prove the debt because the other person has (by not disputing it) agreed that the debt exists and is valid.

But as I said nothing else in that email makes any sense at all - all costs are borne by the creditor i.e. Felicitas and that before I look at the other issues.

So I would be asking Felicitas for the case number while pointing out that you are more than happy to see them in court - after they've paid the appropriate court fees to get that far.
    Last edited by eek; 3 February 2021, 13:55.

Leave a comment:

• MrO666
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm at a complete loss as to what the fine is for?

Statuary demands have a process and I can't see anything that has random fines for recipients. The logic goes

1) Issue demand
    2) if not disputed they can initiate bankruptcy as a means of recovering the money.

And that's before I look at court backlogs and think how on earth have they managed to leapfrog a year long backlog?
    Exactly.......so if I've got this correct, Felicitas are basically saying:

"We issued a SD, the recipient ignored us, so we went to court and asked for our costs to be paid, but didn't bother pursuing the perceived debt..........and that's it".

That doesn't make any sense at all, and I'd have thought a judge wouldn't have seen any sense in that either.

Good point about the seriously back logged courts too......I hadn't even thought about that..!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by happychap View Post
    This is exactly my thinking.

No response to an SD resulting in court followed by a £600 fine.

But what then, why didn't Felicitas then take the matter further to enforce the debt whilst in court?
    I'm at a complete loss as to what the fine is for?

Statuary demands have a process and I can't see anything that has random fines for recipients. The logic goes

1) Issue demand
    2) if not disputed they can initiate bankruptcy as a means of recovering the money.

And that's before I look at court backlogs and think how on earth have they managed to leapfrog a year long backlog?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 February 2021, 18:33.

Leave a comment:

• MrO666
    replied
    So Felicitas are in court, and they "choose" not to prove that they:

A) Own the the "debt"

B) The "debt" is legitimate and the paperwork they have confirms this and backs up their claim

Now why on earth would they do that........it would be the one thing they could have done which would have proven at least some of their claims and no doubt persuaded many people to pay up..............it would seem they're not quite as confident as they claim.

If anyone is in contact with Felicitas, they should be asking them for the case number. It's a public record, so they cannot refuse on the basis of data protection or anything else. If they refuse to supply the case number, then that speaks volumes.

Leave a comment:

• happychap
    replied
    Agree

Originally posted by Monkeypower View Post
    Yep!. Got the same, no case number. I'm guessing it might just be somebody who didn't respond to an SD in time.
    This is exactly my thinking.

No response to an SD resulting in court followed by a £600 fine.

But what then, why didn't Felicitas then take the matter further to enforce the debt whilst in court?

Leave a comment:

• Monkeypower
    replied
    Yep!. Got the same, no case number. I'm guessing it might just be somebody who didn't respond to an SD in time.

Leave a comment:

• kat2019
    replied
    Had the same thing through in the last hour.

Anyone else receive a nice email + text + Letter with this information

"On Thursday 28th January 2021, the county court at Doncaster considered the first case about debts to
    Felicitas. The hearing followed the debtor’s failure to respond to any of the letters sent to him by Felicitas,
    until we served a statutory demand on him. The judge ordered the debtor to pay Felicitas’ costs of £XXX.
    We have not yet asked a court to order the debtor to pay the debt itself, which is a substantial sum. As a
    responsible lender, we are giving all our debtors every opportunity to settle what they owe at a discount,
    prior to enforcement. All we ask today is that debtors contact us with reasonable proposals"

Agin offering 10% pay by 28th Feb and it all goes away?

Leave a comment:

• ThinkBod
    replied
    Yes, just received it too.. Payment to Fiscus and not Felicitas.
    No proof they hold the loan rights.
    And just says that if you pay that they will automatically sent a letter signed by a "company owner" indicating the laon has been settled.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Anyone else receive a nice email + text + Letter with this information

"On Thursday 28th January 2021, the county court at Doncaster considered the first case about debts to
    Felicitas. The hearing followed the debtor’s failure to respond to any of the letters sent to him by Felicitas,
    until we served a statutory demand on him. The judge ordered the debtor to pay Felicitas’ costs of £XXX.
    We have not yet asked a court to order the debtor to pay the debt itself, which is a substantial sum. As a
    responsible lender, we are giving all our debtors every opportunity to settle what they owe at a discount,
    prior to enforcement. All we ask today is that debtors contact us with reasonable proposals"

Agin offering 10% pay by 28th Feb and it all goes away?
    I bet it had no case number.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X