• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Thanks eek. These guys either really do have solid and provable rights to claim the money, or they have committed an offence with respect to intimidation with intent to defraud. If the whole Doncaster thing is a fabrication I would be on my way to see the police and then my MP with the paperwork. This, it seems, has run far enough now. I think it's now a criminal matter.
    The thing is I really do think they were close to pulling it off.

But to add - now I've slept on it and had a coffee to think...

Now you have an email saying that they have sent you a statutory demand - you may want to reply and

1) Ask what address they sent it to as you haven't received it having moved over the years.
    2) dispute you owe them any money

Don't mention anything about Doncaster- keep things very simple and clear cut.

And when they reply asking for your address tell them the IoM FSA state that you do not need to provide it under the duty of care rules.

And when they reply to that say that you will need to check with the IoM FSA whether you should provide the details (just cc the IoM FSA in to the email chain at that point).
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 February 2021, 11:45. Reason: Offering consistent replies.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Thanks eek. These guys either really do have solid and provable rights to claim the money, or they have committed an offence with respect to intimidation with intent to defraud. If the whole Doncaster thing is a fabrication I would be on my way to see the police and then my MP with the paperwork. This, it seems, has run far enough now.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 February 2021, 22:09.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    If this is a made up story, it surely has to be actionable in law? It's fraud and it's intimidation to defraud? The police should be interested if the Doncaster story is fabricated?
    1) we know there is a long delay for all court cases
    2) I know there is a stay of execution for all corporate insolvencies until April 1st 2021 see Statutory Demands - HelixLaw - I cannot imagine personal bankruptcies are any different.
    3) there is no way a statutory demand results in a bill for anything - the only end result is the right to for full payment or for Felicitas to recover the money via bankruptcy.

If it were me and were I to have the email and a demand letter I would be off to the police but there we have a problem - as Felicitas are on the Isle of Man.

So firstly I would be forwarding the email here to the IoM FSA and Office of Fair Trading

Here is the response I received from Isle of Man FSA: IOMFSA
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding Felicitas Solutions Limited (“Felicitas”) which is registered with the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (“the Authority”) to provide moneylending services as defined in the Designated Businesses (Registration and Oversight) Act 2015 (of Tynwald) (“the Act”).

The Act requires those carrying on certain “designated business activities”, which activities have been deemed as subject to the Island’s AMLCFT Code 2019 (“the Code”) (the general equivalent of England’s AMLCFT Regulations), to register with the Authority for the purposes of oversight of their compliance with the Code. A reference copy of the Code is available here: https://www.iomfsa.im/media/1520/appendixa.pdf

All money lenders are also required to be registered with the Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading (“OFT”). The OFT also perform the role of Ombudsman for money lenders, so complaints against registered money lenders should be made to the OFT by telephone on 01624 686500 or email at iomfairtrading@gov.im.
    and then we get to the interesting bit

Fiscus Management Limited are in the UK - and I'm sure the Metropolitan Police won't mind a few reports of demanding money with fake emails about that company and the director involved.

They are in Hackney so the appropriate Trading Standards are at
    Hackney Council - Trading Standards

* I'm 99.99999% certain but I'm not the one with any right to make phone calls and there is little need as GotScrewed has that issue well covered.

The only thing to add is:-

Don't pay them any money

I think this email should be enough to protect you were they to try and go any further especially if you have a police /trading standards reference. With this email they've finally screwed up.

So Felicitas if and when you read this - you so nearly did it - shame you screwed up at the final hurdle.

Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 February 2021, 11:44.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I would wait until we find out what GetScrewed finds out.
    If this is a made up story, it surely has to be actionable in law? It's fraud and it's intimidation to defraud? The police should be interested if the Doncaster story is fabricated?

Leave a comment:

• GotScrewed
    replied
    There are lots of alarm bells ringing here for me. Least of all the fact that this all apparently happened on the 28th jan? Seeing how many of us have had these ‘letters’ that seems a little odd to expect that ‘all’ of our cases were heard on the same day??

No case number
    No record of anything for Felicitas being held at doncaster
    Random £600 court costs demanded?

Hmm....

I dont know how many of you have had their efforts at ‘evidence’ sent to you? But all mine is just retrospective documents made very much after any events, unsigned. And with incorrect addresses for the time period specified.

I have bank statements showing what went across to (in my case) WCS, and what came back (with a major haircut). So it is clear to see what went on. Surely even if they did have the balls to take it to court, it would be so easy to pick apart with no signed documents or proof of transfer? (Or even existance??)

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I would wait until we find out what GetScrewed finds out.

Leave a comment:

• happychap
    replied
    just to be clear

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Did you dispute the Statutory Demand?
    Hi all,

Just wanted to clear up some things and I'd be grateful for some advice.

I have never spoken with Felicitas directly nor have I ever received anything in the post.

I've moved several times since 2012.

Paid HMRC everything based on the 5yrs I was with my Scheme company, a costly lesson.

One of my very old emails is where these letters are arriving in the spam folder. (Good place for it). Typically every 6 weeks, generic emails signed by Felicitas never a company Director which is a little weird.

Previously I had ETCtax act on my behalf to deal with Felicitas and they sent a letter questioning the debt and the legitimacy of how they purchased those debts. I never heard anything back from ECTtax nor from Felciitias. Obviously ECTtax has moved on fair enough, thanks for trying.

It's quite possible an SD was raised against me and sent to an old address I have no way of telling does that mean I've ignored it - i think not! (After all, it's not too difficult to track people down these days).

I'm not really trying to hide, I'm more than happy to deal with it once I have something in writing request me to come to court.

Advice plz

Should I join WTT?

Should I just engage with a Debt Lawyer myself?

Dare i say it, should i pick up the phone call them and pay the 10-5 or 2%?

Appreciate in advance any help.

Leave a comment:

• GotScrewed
    replied
    I got an email this morning from them.

I called Doncaster cc and they said that there was no record of this hearing taking place. I have asked them to email what they told me and have furnished them with a copies of the letter from Felicitas.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 February 2021, 19:47.

Leave a comment:

• GotScrewed
    replied
    I called the court today as i received the same email this morning.

I have sent them the email attachment to see if they can find out anything more and will hopefully get a reply back tomorrow.

The audacity of these people is beyond belief. i assume everyone else has bank statements showing the money flow to the accounts, in my case WCS, and the "significantly reduced number" that came back in the form of loans already, so they really have had their cake, AND the cake shop....and now they want even more.

Either way, im very hopeful of showing that this is nothing more than a <mod snip> if the nice lady at Doncaster can reiterate what she told me on the phone.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 February 2021, 11:35.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Looking at past posts I think the issue will be that they can send him emails but as Happychap has moved address any letters from Felicitas (including any Statutory demand letter) sent to him have not arrived and you can't dispute something that you haven't seen.

I think Happychap needs to find a lawyer and given that email implies demands have been sent work out how you get Doncaster court to set whatever may be in motion aside.
    So, they aren't bluffing and the case heard last week in Doncaster and the outcome is real?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X