• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think the harassment is intentional as they desperately try to find anyone willing to pay up before they either give up or have to start spending actual money and take things to court.

If you have disputed their claim for money there is little they can do except send emails and letters in the hope that it annoys / scares people enough to get them to pay up.
    Which itself, I imagine to be an offence? Attempting to intimidate people to pay money in respect of a disputed loan would be of interest to IoM police?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WJK View Post
    I have responded on numerous occasions both to Gladstones & Felicitas denying any liability but Felicitas continues to harrass me for some settlement. Since the first contact I have received 6 different settlement amounts!
    I think the harassment is intentional as they desperately try to find anyone willing to pay up before they either give up or have to start spending actual money and take things to court.

If you have disputed their claim for money there is little they can do except send emails and letters in the hope that it annoys / scares people enough to get them to pay up.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    I have responded on numerous occasions both to Gladstones & Felicitas denying any liability but Felicitas continues to harrass me for some settlement. Since the first contact I have received 6 different settlement amounts!

Leave a comment:

• SouthKD
    replied
    Thank you for the response

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So Felicitas already know you have disputed the debt and have your current address so they didn't issue a statutory demand.

In which case you (probably) don't have anything to worry about. The Statutory Demands seem to have gone to everyone who hadn't raised a dispute earlier and the current battle is ensuring that if a Demand exists a dispute against it is registered.
    I took your advice 'a few Threads ago' and raised the dispute with Gladstones.

I also read the link to Gov advice on SD which was very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• PJSMITH1980
    replied
    Dispute

I haven't received any SD in the post. The only communication I have received are requests to logon to their portal which I haven't done and a general email the other day containing an attached letter advising about their court case and offering me to pay 10% of the loan due to write off the loans. There was no postal address at the top of the letter (only my email).

I previously had used ETC tax to dispute everything. Could this be why I haven't been sent an SD?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So Felicitas already know you have disputed the debt and have your current address so they didn't issue a statutory demand.

In which case you (probably) don't have anything to worry about. The Statutory Demands seem to have gone to everyone who hadn't raised a dispute earlier and the current battle is ensuring that if a Demand exists a dispute against it is registered.

Leave a comment:

• SouthKD
    replied
    Regarding Disputes

When I had the threatening letters from Gladstones, I responded (several times) with my dispute.

Would this hold any weight? Gladstones said they hadn't received it (sent recorded delivery), so I replied to their emails with copies of my letter. I never heard anything back.

Does that dispute count for anything?

Leave a comment:

• SouthKD
    replied
    Here we go again...

Originally posted by Highlandjim View Post
    Sorry but don’t agree with the above.
    I have received advice not to engage at all with these people unless a SD is presented.
    I too have been advised not to engage. They have not issued the SD. The link to Helix law has lots of useful information about how an SD can / should be issued.

IF you do receive one, then absolutely do what Eek n Co advise. If not, how would you know?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    ..And I like putting this link in at regular intervals.

Statutory Demands and what to do if you get one

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I sent a SD to Mr Eek, Broadmoor, Crowthorne, Berkshire. As there was no response do you think that is valid?

Of course, if it was ex-parte it would be valid. You can only obtain ex-parte court orders in the "family" courts against men....
    Depends if you (or Felicitas) then proceed to go to court to enforce payment - but were you to do so I would have far more work to do to fix the issue than a quick email now. And that work would be of the instant variety as I would need to fix a high court enforced debt of £x,000 while bailiffs were at my door calculating the value of my assets.

The entire point of me saying reply here is that it reduces Felicitas's options to proceed as I suspect the next step (in early March) will be they pick an undisputed Statutory Demand and try to enforce payment while documenting via email mailshots week by week step by step.

And I suspect every email will annoy them as much as every written dispute letter did as it reduces Felicitas remaining options for that member to the one they are trying to avoid. Which is heading to an IoM court and demonstrating that the debt is valid.
    Last edited by eek; 9 February 2021, 08:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X