• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by WJK View Post
    They are Back!
    Just received mail today 11th August.
    Below is an extract from the mail. It goes on to say that if I pay xxx which is a final settlement by end of August then they will write off the rest!

Mail extract:

As you can see, we have the right to demand repayment of the capital.
    Can you indeed see this from your letter?

It would be the first time they have distributed/shown any evidence of their rights to demand payment

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Thank you bud... reads with mouth wide open...
    It's nothing new as it's literally why I describe these schemes as Schrodinger Money (as the money becomes different things to different people based on their viewpoint)

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Thank you bud... reads with mouth wide open...

HMRC basically saying what everyone from WTT to ETC Tax and anyone else with experience of loan selling has said.

As the article says HMRC telling us we're on our own
    Last edited by GregRickshaw; 11 August 2021, 13:39.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

I didn't know HMRC had done this?
    Repaying a disguised remuneration loan to a third party - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Over the past 2 years Iv received so many settlement amounts (7 in total) just don't no what is best to do? This is by far the lowest I agree with eek but this is getting quite stressful for me and the family!
    It's extremely personal, 1.5% for peace of mind and to bring to an end two years of stress and worry it may be worth it for you. That is the lowest offer we have seen I think.

My only advice, if you are settling, is to get a lawyer to write up the settlement for you.

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    And not really a surprise given that HMRC basically gave all trusts the nod to transfer their "loans" to third parties at the end of July.
    I didn't know HMRC had done this?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Which is insanely low if they actually thought there was any real way they could recover the actual loaned amount.
    The thing is they say 'they will write off the rest'. "Writing off" the rest is quite different to cancelling/settling a full and final amount.
    If they do 'write it off', they'll just come back for more later.

The only way I'd contemplate paying would for a final settlement. And I'd pay a lawyer to write it. But they'll not go with I imagine.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Over the past 2 years Iv received so many settlement amounts (7 in total) just don't no what is best to do? This is by far the lowest I agree with eek but this is getting quite stressful for me and the family!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

1.5%
    Which is insanely low if they actually thought there was any real way they could recover the actual loaned amount.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

What % of the total loan amount is xxx?
    1.5%

Leave a comment:

Working...
X