• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JammyDodgers
    replied
    I also received an email offering £425 settlement for an alleged debt of over 35k. Until now ive ignored all correspondance but if i knew this would be the end of the matter id consider paying just so that i could forget all about this BS. As others have pointed out, does paying this automatically provide proof that im accepting liability for this debt??

Leave a comment:

• 78paul
    replied
    So it appears there are 3 variations of letter been sent out,
    some for an admin fee, some for a 1.5% reduced rate of value and others for a full amount £000's demand to be paid by 20th or 30th.
    Again like previously mentioned, it is best to seek advice on deciding to ignore, dispute or try your luck on the low payment as all could have further implications later.

Remember this is a letter/email sent out on a Saturday evening demanding money from you within a very short period of time.. Think logically before parting with any money. Seek advice.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    For all the tax questions above speak to WTT, yes I know that's not what anyone will want to hear but they are really the only people able to give you sane advice.

From Memory none of you loans ( except jackdaniels) sound big enough to trigger anything else regarding iht issues but I don't 100% know
    Last edited by eek; 16 August 2021, 06:44.

Leave a comment:

• DanJackiels
    replied
    Originally posted by Synn View Post
    I've ignored everything from Felicitas so far, and I got the SMS and email this weekend. Mine was a £775 admin fee to make them go away.... IF the payment is made, does anyone know what the wider implications would be, especially towards HMRC and the LC?
    Same as me. 775 quid offer. It’s about 0.5% of the value of loans they state. I’d pay it if I thought it was end to all of this. But as I’ve ignored all previous correspondence there is a certain nervousness that engagement now will lead to further demands. (No reason bar emotion for that feeling)
    It almost feels too good to be true ?

Leave a comment:

• jezzah123
    replied

Wasn't sure if it somehow legitimised the loans or had IHT or further tax implications? I just want the threats and the additional stress gone
    I know what you mean, it's wearing me down!!

Leave a comment:

• Synn
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

None whatsoever?
    Wasn't sure if it somehow legitimised the loans or had IHT or further tax implications? I just want the threats and the additional stress gone

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I've ignored everything from Felicitas so far, and I got the SMS and email this weekend. Mine was a £775 admin fee to make them go away.... IF the payment is made, does anyone know what the wider implications would be, especially towards HMRC and the LC?
    None whatsoever?

Leave a comment:

• Synn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrianH
    replied
    Seems like they might be attempting to 2 path option to see which works. I too received the £425 Admin Fee offer. Considerably less than 1.5% of my loan and obviously designed to be attractive on that basis. Seems like a last throw of the dice in my opinion so I am very likely to ignore it. If I was sure it might get rid of them it might be worth considering it but I am not sure we can believe a word they type

Leave a comment:

• Wtaf
    replied
    I've also received an email and sms. I've previously disputed it but I'm not sure if I should ignore or reply? I won't be paying though. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X