• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrO666
    replied
    Best will in the world, I think going down any route like that is a waste of mind space and effort. These people don't really care whether they're right or wrong, and will hide behind company after company etc.

Focus on any issue where you can actually get a result would be what I'd be doing.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Accounting company based in UK not IOM
    All the financial/ personal data and correspondence held and produced by them? Surely if they have supplied personal data to F..... they should be held accountable?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WJK View Post
    Irrespective of the differing wording used in these settlement offers should I agree to settle they would be required by my barrister to issue a legal document from a registered solicitor/barrister stating that which will dissolve everything.
    If I don't agree and we meet in court they will also be incriminating the trustees plus the accounting company (which acted for them in my case) as under the data protection act they maybe held responsible for providing personal data without consent!
    I didn't think the IoM had a data protection act - and anyway the information relates to a "necessary" business transaction rather than marketing purposes.

As with my statement regarding whether the loan is valid, don't assume that what you think is right regarding personal data would help you here.

Leave a comment:

• WJK
    replied
    Irrespective of the differing wording used in these settlement offers should I agree to settle they would be required by my barrister to issue a legal document from a registered solicitor/barrister stating that which will dissolve everything.
    If I don't agree and we meet in court they will also be incriminating the trustees plus the accounting company (which acted for them in my case) as under the data protection act they maybe held responsible for providing personal data without consent!

Leave a comment:

• Synn
    replied
    Do some people have the wording "write-off the loans" and some "write-off the debt"? Just wondering if there's a legal difference between the two ways it's worded

Leave a comment:

• happychap
    replied
    Received my email and text over night.

Continued harasment - has anyone went down that route yet?

Offer 1.5% of so called loans amount.

Offer and we will write of the loans in BOLD

Leave a comment:

• Synn
    replied
    This is the wording in my letter:

However, it is our preference not to demand full repayment now. We do not think you could or would pay.
    Instead, we offer to write off the debt, in exchange for an administration fee. This offer is made without
    prejudice to our right to enforce collection of the outstanding balance, should you decline the offer. If you
    pay an administration fee of £ 775, we will write off the entire debt, including any interest. To accept this
    offer, please make payment to our agent as follows. You will automatically receive a letter, signed by a
    company director, confirming that the debt has been written off and that you will never have anything
    further to pay.
    The offer expires 31 August 2021.

Leave a comment:

• MrO666
    replied
    You could be right eek.

One thing that's making me even more suspicious though, is that in every single "offer" I've seen (I've seen three now), the value of alleged loans has always been slightly less than what's been demanded in previous attempts. This make me wonder what game they're playing. If you were to take this on face value (we we won't), then you could think you had settled, only for them to come back and make a full demand for the "remaining" balance. The fact that all three I've seen are technically wrong, this makes me think it's not an oversight.

For anyone looking at this as an option, I would want to ensure that any settlement included every penny of all alleged loans, not the lower figure that they are offering to write off, just to avoid any future comeback.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
    What I'm trying to workout is why some have been given heavily reduced offers, and others have been asked for the full amount.
    I doubt you'll get enough data to make it worthwhile.

Reasons could be scheme, quality of their paperwork, amount of communication, reason used for rejection of Statutory Demand, group used for previous rejection of debt.

Basically we just can't know as we won't have a big enough dataset.

Personally though unless and until they start court cases in the correct court I still think they are trying it on (and yes, I know it's stressful for anyone involved).
    Last edited by eek; 17 August 2021, 08:10.

Leave a comment:

• MrO666
    replied
    What I'm trying to workout is why some have been given heavily reduced offers, and others have been asked for the full amount.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X