• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkeypower
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    WTT posted this on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/posts/graha...3302603778-BdQ

he says you need to reject the demand so I would suggest doing just that rather than ignoring it
    Originally posted by Nanas1 View Post
    So from the 104 pages of posts on here, what is the general consensus?? Ignore or reply??
    My personal view (if I get a letter from them) is to ignore them like I did with Felicitas, it is just a scam and another shakedown by a different company (who are probably mates with the other bunch of cowboys).
    I will be opening their letters, but like Eek and Cojak stress, I will be opening the letters to ensure there is not an SD in it, if there is one, I will action, if there isn't one, I will wipe my ***e with the letter.
    As I have said in the past, until a judge in court tells me to pay, they are getting nothing from me and I will fight it till then.

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Nanas1 View Post
    So from the 104 pages of posts on here, what is the general consensus?? Ignore or reply??
    This time around it's less posts but the mixture of replies is the same. Some settled first time around (me included for peanuts really) some are still ignoring some are disputing.

You have to do what suits you really.

Just be careful if you ignore, and there are statutory demands in the letters they can't be ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Nanas1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 007contractor
    replied
    Heard a few people contacting Companies House so Felictas cannot be struck off as a Limited company. They have questions to be asked for. Might try and knock on there door in Liverpool and ask for a friendly meeting!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ian1066 View Post

Notice how they don't provide any evidence or paperwork showing that they bought the so called debt.
    So reply with the statement that you don’t believe the debt is valid and leave things there for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Concerned Contractor
    replied
    It's somehow reassuring to know that I'm not the only person who has recieved this letter from Felicitas & West 28th recently, and to read confirmation that they are comparable to something that I've scraped off of the bottom of my shoe....

I'm personally still unsure about whether to ignore them, or respond to West 28th to say I don't owe a penny, or seek legal advice, and ask them to respond on my behalf.

As ian1066 (not a birth year I imagine!) states, they talk about a Deed of Assignment but do not provided it. Also in my case, they have address it to my parents address and not mine, so an extra reason to ignore it.

Leave a comment:

• ian1066
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

As eek has said - make sure that those envelopes DON’T contain Statutory Demands.
    What did last year's letter contain. ?

Leave a comment:

• ian1066
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

But for the debt to be valid all the paperwork including all the reassignments need to be valid and no-one on here believes that’s possible - it might be but we’re that the case Felicitas wouldn’t have been accepting 1% offers
    Notice how they don't provide any evidence or paperwork showing that they bought the so called debt.

Leave a comment:

• ian1066
    replied

They don't have a number because they want you to write or email so there is a paper trail.

In the letters they provide no proof that they have any Deed of Assignment

The letters are signed with no name underneath.

The last time these letters arrived at my door I sent a letter provided by the LCAG QC .... they withdrew their SD and never bothered me again.

Do not interact with these people.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by shadowalka View Post
    Does anyone have a telephone number for West 28th? Prefer to call rather than write.
    Write - then what you say is documented - phone calls can be ignored

Leave a comment:

Working...
X