• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looperevil
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

I doubt it's Statuary demands because if they are valid you would be going straight to court for enforcement.

So we are left with a new firm of debt collectors who appear to have bought the debts based on a set of lies from Felicitas because

is completely and utterly implausible. HMRC doesn't sell debt on, it passes it to collection firms for a percentage payment.

So I would be replying to them to provide evidence that any legal agreement with Felicitas exists and ask them to provide evidence to back up the claim because WB seem to have been conned by Felicitas.

But also don't use things like claiming the debt is Statue Barred because that implies you think the debt existed at some point stick to simple things like please provide all evidence that the loan exists because I do not believe it does.
    That is the flipside of using Statute Barred. However if it is indeed a debt and you haven't acknowledged it in 6 years or paid anything towards it, you will win if they take it to court. Going down this avenue, you need to be prepared to go to court. Hence they are trying Bully boy tactics and using debt collection agencies. The simple approach could work but needs to be worded carefully. I wouldn't even use the word Loan in any correspondence. Something along the lines of asking for a SAR or any documentation relating to the matter might be ok.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

I doubt it's Statuary demands because if they are valid you would be going straight to court for enforcement.

So we are left with a new firm of debt collectors who appear to have bought the debts based on a set of lies from Felicitas because

is completely and utterly implausible. HMRC doesn't sell debt on, it passes it to collection firms for a percentage payment.

So I would be replying to them to provide evidence that any legal agreement with Felicitas exists and ask them to provide evidence to back up the claim because WB seem to have been conned by Felicitas.
    And they're not the first. There's some truly despicable people around.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    So we have another push, do we?

If yet another debt collector is involved, you might find that you have something called a Statutory Demand land on your doorstep.

Here is some info on it:

Take a look at the original thread for more information https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2844367

"the debt wasn't owed is from HMRC who instructed Felicitas and then Felicitas sold that debt to WB."

But also don't use things like claiming the debt is Statue Barred because that implies you think the debt existed at some point stick to simple things like please provide all evidence that the loan exists because I do not believe it does.
    Last edited by eek; 25 February 2023, 12:05.

Leave a comment:

• looperevil
    replied
    One other avenue to go down for help: if you have Legal Cover with your home insurance, you may ne able to use that. From what I can see Tax issues are covered. Whilst this is not explicitly a tax issue, it does kind of fall into that realm if you look on the HMRC websitr

Leave a comment:

• looperevil
    replied
    Prior to yesterday, I have totally ignored any correspondence from THL, Felicitas and W28. The more you look into the way these people have conducted their communication, it seems they have always been wanting you to acknowledge the debt. Even by enticing you to pay a small amount to write it off, you are essentially acknowledging there is a debt in the first place. Some of their communication for example was "please log into the portal and check the amount due etc".

I think the Statue Barred is an avenue that can potentially be pursued if you never ever responded to them or made a payment and it has been 6 years. There is a template you can download from the citizens advice bureau for this. But I want to run this by an expert first.

Leave a comment:

• looperevil
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

As Felictas used Gladstone before to collect the debt, seems they have turned now to an equally morally upstanding agency, one view of their website will show you exactly the type they are. The problem is it's another level of nonsense the victims have to suffer another branching out of the original threats etc., Get help on this as soon as you can it's worth it
    Who would you suggest help is sought from? The citizens advice bureau? WTT? EL? Webberg?
    Last edited by looperevil; 25 February 2023, 10:54. Reason: Missed EL

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsPatricia View Post
    I’ve come home today to a letter from Town & Country requesting the money as outstanding debt with Felicitas. No mention of this new company at all.

I have requested all paperwork and contracts etc to be posted to me before I will speak with T&C any further.
    As Felictas used Gladstone before to collect the debt, seems they have turned now to an equally morally upstanding agency, one view of their website will show you exactly the type they are. The problem is it's another level of nonsense the victims have to suffer another branching out of the original threats etc., Get help on this as soon as you can it's worth it

Leave a comment:

• MrsPatricia
    replied
    I’ve come home today to a letter from Town & Country requesting the money as outstanding debt with Felicitas. No mention of this new company at all.

I have requested all paperwork and contracts etc to be posted to me before I will speak with T&C any further.

Leave a comment:

• looperevil
    replied
    By the way, an SD is made to a court so there should be a trail of this somewhere if one has been made against you.

Leave a comment:

• looperevil
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsPatricia View Post
    Thanks for this information.
    Am I completely screwed then as I’m assuming they think I’ve ignored a SD even though I haven’t received any paperwork from this new company? The last thing I’ve received was from Felicitas and that was a long time ago.
    I have never received a SD either from Felicitas. I had a few letters from them and that was it. I outright refused to speak to these people today. He said they had already sent something in the post and it should be with me soon. Did he not mention this with you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X