• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At 13 May 2018, (only) 3445 individuals had registered an interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 13 May 2018, (only) 3445 individuals had registered an interest

Perhaps everyone left it to the last minute? Might also explain why they dropped the deadline.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...06%20James.pdf

No response yet

That's interesting, I had thought / expected there to be 10,000+ by then at least.

I registered on 23/05/2018. I got the bland email acknowledgement straight back, but nothing at all since then. That led me to believe they were inundated. Perhaps most people registered in the final 2 weeks.

In any case, there appears to be no detriment for not registering in time as you are still able to register now - scare tactics from HMRC?

Comment

Maybe alot of people either still believe the promoters, do not realize they will be caught or are running away from reality?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        Maybe alot of people either still believe the promoters, do not realize they will be caught or are running away from reality?
        Or have opted to go down the Vanquish route

Comment

Which figures do we believe?

Earlier thread, although based on hearsay, said that 200,000 people had registered for settlement. This was posted on same day as FOI request. Which to believe?

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...red-clso2.html

Comment

Well more hearsay ... some people that have registered are now getting compliance checks for recent years when they weren’t in schemes. Having never heard anything from HMRC before registering. Slightly disturbing to say the least!

Comment

Hmmm, it seems the not so subtle messages from iLikeTax and associates haven't worked that well in reality so HMRC have had to extend the deadline.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that anyone who registers for settlement is getting "special treatment" from HMRC, you're admitting you're a low life tax avoider who is worried about the charge and therefore an easy target for whatever they come up with next.

I feel for the 3400+

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker99 View Post
                Earlier thread, although based on hearsay, said that 200,000 people had registered for settlement. This was posted on same day as FOI request. Which to believe?

https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...red-clso2.html
                HMRC can and will say anything over the phone. I have no doubt someone has been told the moon is made of cheese.

Comment

Has anybody managed to find out how many people have registered an interest to settle now?

Comment

Originally posted by Pine2014 View Post
                    Has anybody managed to find out how many people have registered an interest to settle now?
                    On 1 June (so day after the deadline that never was) 29,000 had registered (i've rounded down).

Comment

Working...
                    X