• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC LC - beware Eximius Consultants Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seekinghelp
    replied
    Originally posted by rebecca44 View Post
    Hiya,

Are you saying the THL should have the original loan number or something? Should I ask for that? Would grateful if you could shed some light on this. Am trying to work out how to send a message to your inbox.

Thank you,

AM
    Hi Rebecca,

Do you have a number that I can reach you on?

I’m not going through THL as I don’t trust what eximius or their associated partners are offering.

We’ve gone directly to HMRC, see what their pack entails and then decide what will the best option after that.

I suspect eximius will try their dirty tricks to claim some money for release of loan, which I’ve discussed with some experts, who have advised it will laughable, they have no chance.

Leave a comment:

• Scotslaw
    replied
    I used Eximius briefly in 2016 and was also contacted by THL.
    I was on the verge of registering with THL just to check out the terms 'loan settlement offer'. Not having KYC documentation at hand delayed that process for me and I then discovered the 5% + £250 fee, which obviated the need to provide THL with any more of my information.
    I have since exercised my GDPR rights and asked them to delete any data they hold for me.
    Reading many comments who agree that HMRC don't need loans to be written off for the purpose of the LC (but will probably charge IHT if that were to happen), I don't see the point of paying any more money to Eximius or whoever it is that they sold off their loan books to.
    If THL or the trustees retained by Eximius decide to come after me with the pretense of 'recalling the loan', I would be happy to defend myself in a court of law. One thing I refuse to do is pay these people any more money on the back of whatever they already swindled from me.

Originally posted by Seekinghelp View Post
    Can THL be trusted? They do not publish a contact number, nothing on the internet. Is this company just acting in the interest of Eximius?
    They claim to be acting on behalf of trustees employed by Eximius and a few other brands. The trustees in question are listed as:
    1. ECS International Trustees (Isle of Man) Ltd.
    2. Professional Independent Trustees Ltd.

Leave a comment:

• Seekinghelp
    replied
    Can THL be trusted? They do not publish a contact number, nothing on the internet. Is this company just acting in the interest of Eximius?

Leave a comment:

• LandRover
    replied
    Mobilise

Please be very wary of listening to scheme providers and their associates.

Get with like minded people such as LCAG https://www.hmrcloancharge.info/

Do not feel you are alone, and please do not despair. This is a roller coaster of emotions, bad days, and not so bad days...

As for Big Group, I have been a member since the very start, and feel assured people are not lying down and taking this without a fight back.

We all need to get active and hit back, contact your MP etc, there is help on how to mobilise.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
    Sorry, previous post was badly worded. I meant the approach seems to be to suggest this other firm can help and THL will provide the necessary documentation.
    You may well be correct but I repeat, do your research.

Leave a comment:

• BankingContract0r
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    I think you'll find that THL supply data and if you want help on settlement with HMRC, they make a referral to another firm. That other firm initially at least ran into issues with moderators on the forum and have since either not managed to resolve those issues or has chosen not to post further.

Again, you need to do your research here.
    Sorry, previous post was badly worded. I meant the approach seems to be to suggest this other firm can help and THL will provide the necessary documentation.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
    I feel THL's main interest lies in offering to do the admin for settlement but there is no reason to suggest they can't provide the documentation only. At a cost of course.
    I think you'll find that THL supply data and if you want help on settlement with HMRC, they make a referral to another firm. That other firm initially at least ran into issues with moderators on the forum and have since either not managed to resolve those issues or has chosen not to post further.

Again, you need to do your research here.

Leave a comment:

• BankingContract0r
    replied
    Originally posted by rebecca44 View Post
    Hiya,

Are you saying the THL should have the original loan number or something? Should I ask for that? Would grateful if you could shed some light on this. Am trying to work out how to send a message to your inbox.

Thank you,

AM
    I feel THL's main interest lies in offering to do the admin for settlement but there is no reason to suggest they can't provide the documentation only. At a cost of course.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    It looks like Eximius is one of several lenders/trusts who have engaged THL for assistance in the end game of dealing with the loans etc.

The various claims and products on offer from THL are subject to numerous posts in these threads and I think you should read them carefully.

As a general rule, if you are being asked for significant sums of money, get some advice.

We're happy to give you a free initial call and I know that Phil also does this.

Leave a comment:

• rebecca44
    replied
    Eximius Consultants

Originally posted by Seekinghelp View Post
    Hi Rebecca44,

I too used Eximius for a period of some months but backed away from them as we did not sign up to any loan arrangement. We challenged them back in 2017, they were unhelpful therefore switched off from them. We’re now being sent letters by THL Trust helpline on behalf of eximius to settle for a loan (which we never agreed or signed up) with HMRC and then to have Release of seed and release of exclusion at the rate of £250 fee + 5% of the loan value.

I’m ok to settle with HMRC but not Eximius, they have misled on their operations. All the eximius contact numbers are off line, the THL site does not have a contact number nor name.

Will you be registering with HMRC before 31st May?
    Hiya,

Thank you,

AM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X