• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Write/email your MP asking them to support EDM 1239

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emailed my Conservative MP but I doubt his ability to challenge his own government.

Interesting that Vince Cable has signed the EDM. It's up to 34 now.

I (and my family) might just vote Lib Dems next time.

Comment

Make sure you let them know Chimp
      As well as anyone in Steve Baker (Wycombe) and Jacob Rees Mogg (N Somerset) constituencies anyone in an SNP MPs constituency should be contacting them

Comment

EDM has been at 36 signatures for a few days now. Has all momentum been lost on this?

My Tory MP hasn't bothered replying and I very much doubt he will - but that's 5 votes he has lost.

Comment

if you had not heard from your MP in a 10 day business time frame. Then send the email again with "I look forward to hearing a response within 14 days from the date of this email which is....(DATE)". They are not required but it does sort of help with the psychology to get them to reply, even if it is only from a minion.

On matters that my MP deem important, I get a lovely letter with a header on it. It takes a bit longer to get to me than sending a response through email. So who knows. Maybe it is in the mail.

In the mean time I would consider printing out what you wrote and sending it through the post, again with the 14 day time frame mentioned.

And start visiting surgeries.

There was a post earlier on one of the threads regarding the various ways to contact your MP and how to find out when the surgeries are.

I would strongly urge people to remain persistent and encourage others to shout out on this matter. Just because its gone quiet doesn't mean it is dead. Think of Windrush. It's taken quite a few years about the papers reporting on 'Skype families', immigration officers abuse, the awful application procedures, detainment etc and it is just now picking up momentum. Keep on them.

If anyone is needing further support in any shape or form then please ask or check out the Loan Charge Action Group.
          https://www.hmrcloancharge.info

Comment

My MP

Emailed my MP Nick Hurd 2 weeks ago. No reply, so sent him another email along the lines of "I have not had the courtesy of a rely".

Now had a minion respond to apologise, and say the MP will get back to me within two weeks.

Will update once I hear back, but we should all keep the pressure on those we elect to represent us.

Comment

You're not too far from me then
              Would once again emphasise the importance of this as previously outlined
              do not be fobbed off with disingenuous HMRC templated responses
              Have the true impacts and situation heard in full

Comment

Bumping this thread for any new perusers
                Every MP counts

Comment

Email today from my mp, Ipswich, saying signed.

Comment

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...914#g146722.r0

Comment

More MPs sign the motion

7 MPs signed yesterday alone! Keep up the pressure write to your MP if you haven't already!

Bellingham, Henry Conservative Party North West Norfolk 04.06.2018
                      Penning, Mike Conservative Party Hemel Hempstead 04.06.2018
                      Vickers, Martin Conservative Party Cleethorpes 04.06.2018
                      Coyle, Neil Labour Party Bermondsey and Old Southwark 04.06.2018
                      Gapes, Mike Labour Party Ilford South 04.06.2018
                      Grogan, John Labour Party Keighley 04.06.2018
                      Williams, Hywel Plaid Cymru Arfon 04.06.2018

Comment

Working...
                      X