• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentishlad View Post
    This is where Im at a loss really... and I think Im in exactly the same boat as you.. Sp Man IOM for 6 months Sp Malt 2 months - self employed through ltd... All I want is the right info (at no cost!!!) to enable me to clear things with HMRC before 31 May. Otherwise I guess Im going to just have to wait for the loan charge to land
    https://services.gov.im/ded/services....iom?Id=340108
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

All I want is the right info (at no cost!!!) to enable me to clear things with HMRC before 31 May. Otherwise I guess Im going to just have to wait for the loan charge to land
      If you want the right info, look at your personal bank statements.
      If you want good advice on what you should do, or help in trying to get the problem properly resolved, I'd suggest using some of the tax advisors on this thread (such as Phil)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        If you want the right info, look at your personal bank statements.
        If you want good advice on what you should do, or help in trying to get the problem properly resolved, I'd suggest using some of the tax advisors on this thread (such as Phil)
        many thanks... I think this also lies in what the position was with regards to the SP Malta element. As another poster has alluded to he was advised that this was not covered in the same way and therefore not caught by such legislation (hmm).
        I know the exact amount from bank statements and if an approximate figure is given as to what is paid as part of such agreement I can supply that...

Comment

So there is no such company as 'old SP Management' it seems all horse ****

Comment

Originally posted by THISISWRONG View Post
            Hi all
            I had a meeting with my MP last week, who had no ideq about this. I presented what information i could, mostly info on AML and Knox and how they are gettig away with murder and the government havent helped by stitching up the individuals who are an easy target.
            I would like to provide his some hard evidence of the hardship this is causing. I have read comments on here about people contemplating suicide and heart attacks - sadly i feqr if may take a death to get MPs to listen.
            Does anybody have any evidence, a report, anything usefulni can send him to give him a solid background?

Is anybody holding out hope that HMRC may get a legal challenge to stop april 2019 charge?
            Can anybody help with this?
            thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by THISISWRONG View Post
              Can anybody help with this?
              thanks!
              Ive noticed anothe rpost similar to this thats raised an EDM.
              I still thought it was against the constitution? to introduce any kind of retrospective law..
              If the government were allowed to do this, would that also allow the collection of speeding tickets for those caught on camera doing 40 miles an hour and then retrospectively changing the speed limit to 30 and fining everyone for doing nothing wrong at the time! lol

Comment

I know the exact amount from bank statements and if an approximate figure is given as to what is paid as part of such agreement I can supply that...
                What you need to do is get your bank statements then look at all the credits into your account. What a tax advisor will want to do is not just look at the amount of the loans coming from Knox House Trust, but also the amount of the payments from AML/SPM/SPML/etc and any interest or dividends as well - whether from your company, or shares etc.
                Basically, they need to recalculate your tax return for every financial year that you received a payment from these guys.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Registering interest to settle

Hi All

does anyone have a link to where to register their interest to settle on HMRC website? I don't trust the IOM companies to do this on my behalf.
                  Do you know if you have to register each year you had a loan or just in general? Has anyone else registered their intent to settle directly with HMRC and can you advise the best way to do this?

Thank you so much!

Comment

AML loan

Hi all
                    Newbie here, thank you for all the posts in this thread. I believe I have read every one avidly over the last week. I have two loans from AML.

2015/16 - 33,000
                    2016/17 - 51,200

The money trail was : Agency --> LTD company (I am director) --> AML --> My personal bank account

I have not received any letters from HMRC yet but i am considering settlement to get over it and leave this behind. I have some money in the LTD company account and thinking of taking director's loan to settle with HMRC.

I have a question, can i contribute towards Pension (for year 15/16 & 16/17) when settling with HMRC or pension option is only for LC19? My view is if i am using pension for settlement then i am infact using the money for my future compared to paying tax(effectively throwing away the money).

Any advice will be welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Where did it all go wrong View Post
                      Hi All

does anyone have a link to where to register their interest to settle on HMRC website? I don't trust the IOM companies to do this on my behalf.
                      Do you know if you have to register each year you had a loan or just in general? Has anyone else registered their intent to settle directly with HMRC and can you advise the best way to do this?

Thank you so much!
                      https://www.gov.uk/guidance/disguise...ur-tax-affairs

Register your interest
                      If you’re already speaking to someone in HMRC about your use of a disguised remuneration scheme, or if you have a customer relationship manager, you should register your interest with them.

If you’re not already speaking to someone at HMRC, register your interest by emailing:

[email protected] for contractor loan schemes
                      [email protected] for all other disguised remuneration schemes
                      Information you must send to HMRC
                      So that we can settle your tax affairs before the loan charge arises on 5 April 2019, you or your agent must send us all of the required information by 30 September 2018. If possible, you should also send us your tax calculation for each year.

If you’re a contractor, or employee settling separately to your employer, you must tell us:

your unique taxpayer reference (UTR)
                      your National Insurance number
                      the amount of contractor loans or contributions made in each tax year
                      whether you want to claim a benefit in kind offset - if so, how much and for which years
                      the name of your employer
                      If you’re an employer, you must tell us:

your company name and company reference number
                      your PAYE reference number
                      the amounts and dates of funds paid into the scheme
                      details of any Corporation Tax relief you claimed on the contributions to the scheme
                      whether you want to claim a benefit in kind offset - if so, the relevant employees’ details, how much and for which years
                      For contractors, employees and employers, if known you must also tell us:

the date any trust, sub-trust or other entity was created
                      the amount of the contribution paid into it
                      assets held in that trust, other than cash or the loan agreements
                      You must tell us the correct amounts paid through disguised remuneration schemes. If we later find you’ve given us incorrect information, we can reopen your case and take other actions, like charging penalties.

Pay what you owe

Comment

Working...
                      X