• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does anybody have a phone number for AML i cant find them anywhere on the web now ?

Comment

Originally posted by DOT COM View Post
      So does anybody have a phone number for AML i cant find them anywhere on the web now ?
      I have to admit they have not been on my list of those contacted as yet, but I'll be interested to hear how you get on - if you get a hold of them...I have the following numbers you can try:

Keep us posted!!

Comment

AML Phone Number

Morning Dot com,

0845 624 0075

That will take you through to AML Tax team.

MLeggsy

Comment

Options

Originally posted by falling apart View Post
          Surely, surely, there is something we can do - whether that be ensure the liability stays on AML or get this in front of the highest courts, this surely can't actually proceed as we are being told...

Incidentally, I do have to say that it very mildly makes me feel better that at least I'm not alone in this...

Anyway, after my super helpful (not!) emails from AML, I've spoken with PTS who said what everyone else has already mentioned - £250 engagement fee, £500 to do the work, 15% of any savings (what a JOKE btw, especially since when I point blank asked them what their "relationship" was with AML and received silence on the phone for 5 seconds before she fumbled a response about being "asked to help"). Ergo, I'll use their service to confirm the numbers, but think that's it.

Then I spoke with Vanquish, and again, same story as others - an overly friendly guy trying to get me to immediately sign up for "option 3" (which absolutely sounds like everyone else has said - too good to be true and only delaying further issues down the line) whereby:
          option 1, do nothing, pay 45% + interest + penalties etc
          option 2, settle, pay approx. 25-35% of the total amount
          option 3 , and I quote: "devised by Vanquish a mechanism to enable me to remove the loan charge before the deadline in 2019 via plans to replace current loan with an alternative lending company meaning we aren't in the scope of the new legislation" - whatever the hell that is!!! It would equate to 5%, it wouldn't have to be paid straight away, could be paid in March + £250 engagement fee + "costs"; and although "HMRC may retrospectively may change the legislation from 2016-2019, we guarantee to strive to save money and adapt to new legislation" oh but we can't provide you with any further detail because we don't want that option to be unavailable ergo we've all signed non-disclosures to not release the info".

Rrrrrrrrrrright.

I spoke with another tax adviser, Bates and Weston who said that the scope of this legislation change is that it is intiially an employer liability. Ergo, if AML processed the loans through payroll, the liability is on them, but they have the option/opportunity to transfer the liability onto me - which is clearly what they're doing to all of us and as someone else mentioned, buggered off into oblivion despite somehow still fighting the case at tribunal....

I will call WTT and Enterprise Tax back as well although was waiting to have the full picture in terms of ££, and my next stop then is find out what the law can offer us, as like I said before, surely there is something or someone who is going to clearly point out: we are victims - both of the legislative decision and from the likes of AML; retrospective legislation changes opens a can of worms, sets a dangerous precedent, and violates our rights; the long term effects will be wide and longlasting - and a burden on the very people who think they'll gain from screwing us now.

Thoughts? There must be a way...right??

Morning Falling Apart,

I absolutely understand your concerns. You are not alone. There are hundreds of thousands of people impacted by this loan charge and many of us have been involved for many years. I was with AML for 4 years.

Your Options

1 - Settle (CLSO). For me this is around 35%.
          2 - Loan Charge (LC2019). Still working through some options related to getting some Pension relief.
          3 - Resolution. NOT The AML Scheme for Scheme - There are Tax Advisors out there, but this could potentially require Litigation - Expensive, so suggest you join a group to share the cost.

Me, I'm undecided... Option 2 depending on Pension relief, then option 1.

I've had too long at this already and want out, I don't have the appetite for option 3!

Each of the above has pros and cons and will vary for every one of us. But it does get easier and there's always a way! Get yourself some professional advice... Graham (Webberg) and Phil (phil@dswtres) on this forum are both independent, know this mess and will assist.

MLeggsy
          Last edited by MLeggsy; 19 April 2018, 07:06. Reason: grammar

Comment

Yesterday I logged in to my old timesheet portal, managed to view and export to excel all of my payments etc.

https://contractorlogin.amlimited.co...?ReturnUrl=%2f

Shouldn't be a reason you couldn't log in and understand your position.

There's also a number though I've yet to call them.

Comment

Originally posted by MLeggsy View Post
              Morning Falling Apart,

I absolutely understand your concerns. You are not alone. There are hundreds of thousands of people impacted by this loan charge and many of us have been involved for many years. I was with AML for 4 years.

Your Options

1 - Settle (CLSO). For me this is around 35%.
              2 - Loan Charge (LC2019). Still working through some options related to getting some Pension relief.
              3 - Resolution. NOT The AML Scheme for Scheme - There are Tax Advisors out there, but this could potentially require Litigation - Expensive, so suggest you join a group to share the cost.

Me, I'm undecided... Option 2 depending on Pension relief, then option 1.

I've had too long at this already and want out, I don't have the appetite for option 3!

Each of the above has pros and cons and will vary for every one of us. But it does get easier and there's always a way! Get yourself some professional advice... Graham (Webberg) and Phil (phil@dswtres) on this forum are both independent, know this mess and will assist.

MLeggsy
              Thanks MLeggsy - agree that I just want this done and to be something in my past...think I'll register for settlement so that is at least an option, and then will persue the alternative (to AMLs recommendations) advice...

Comment

Safari on apple wont allow me to open this.
                Originally posted by ozzyo99 View Post
                Yesterday I logged in to my old timesheet portal, managed to view and export to excel all of my payments etc.

https://contractorlogin.amlimited.co...?ReturnUrl=%2f

Shouldn't be a reason you couldn't log in and understand your position.

There's also a number though I've yet to call them.

Comment

Thanks ML,

Anybody know if AML Tax can supply the amount of money earned each year ? i.e liabilities
                  I also worked with Smart pay for a period of approx. 12 months on the advice of AML after my contracting agency would not accept AML as a payroll handler etc

I dont have a record of what i earned each year at the moment.

Im considering settlement as an option.
                  I estimate over the years 2011 - 2013 i may have earned £150k to max £200k.

Have scheduled call with WTT on Monday afternoon.

Originally posted by MLeggsy View Post
                  Morning Dot com,

0845 624 0075

That will take you through to AML Tax team.

MLeggsy

Comment

Safari on apple wont allow me to open this.
                    Try Chrome. Works fine.

I also worked via Smartpay but I was under the impression that they dealt only with the drawings, in my case 10.5K PA, and not with the loan payment, not sure.

Regardless of who dealt it, the numbers reflected on your portal will be final.

Anybody know what WTT are charging? I'm reticent at this point about giving AMfaiL more of my money, or any IoM business in general where I'm lining further the diamond encrusted pockets of the elite - while I consider how I keep this roof over my families head.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyo99 View Post
                      Try Chrome. Works fine.

I also worked via Smartpay but I was under the impression that they dealt only with the drawings, in my case 10.5K PA, and not with the loan payment, not sure.

Regardless of who dealt it, the numbers reflected on your portal will be final.

Anybody know what WTT are charging? I'm reticent at this point about giving AMfaiL more of my money, or any IoM business in general where I'm lining further the diamond encrusted pockets of the elite - while I consider how I keep this roof over my families head.
                      Are you now simply invoicing, being paid, and doing self-assessment on tax yourself? i.e. is there any third party involved...? Trying to figure out what I do from here on in... :S

Comment

Working...
                      X