• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compliance check letter for 2015/2016 - HELP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compliance check letter for 2015/2016 - HELP

Has any one used STEED Solutions and received the same letter this year or last year. cant seem to get in touch with them.
    Sort of panicking about after reading various threads on this forum.
    Any advice on how you dealt with it and what the outcome has been would be very useful?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jedi007; 17 January 2018, 21:42.

Maybe an old thread so you are going to have to get up to speed but the NTRT battle involves Steed I believe.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...58-fa2008.html

This guy asked the same question awhile ago (I think). You need to ask for permission to PM but not sure he can PM back though.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2193586
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Most schemes go under quickly. Though they still pop up regularly.

You should get professional advice(i.e. some you pay for). Remember there are several snake oil salesmen selling solutions to scheme enquiries that will only make things worse.

BG/WTT seems to be recommended. And seems to be the only way of fighting HMRC.

If not, are going to have to settle with HMRC. And even that is fraught with danger as even when you do a final settlement with them they sometimes to try claim more.

What research did you join prior to joining this scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Maybe an old thread so you are going to have to get up to speed but the NTRT battle involves Steed I believe.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...58-fa2008.html

This guy asked the same question awhile ago (I think). You need to ask for permission to PM but not sure he can PM back though.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2193586
        NTRT and TAA are now closed to new joiners. Steed were originally involved in DTA which was closed retrospectively in 2008.

Comment

Get advise

Originally posted by Jedi007 View Post
          Has any one used STEED Solutions, Oxon Solutions, logathan or Boltsbeck and received the same letter this year or last year. cant seem to get in touch with them.
          Sort of panicking about after reading various threads on this forum.
          Any advice on how you dealt with it and what the outcome has been would be very useful?
          Same here - WTT will action this on your behalf.
          Last edited by Stevep42; 12 January 2018, 13:06.

Comment

Steed Solutions shup up shop a few years ago.

Comment

The history, recent and older, of Steed is known if not simple.

Certainly they had a DTA arrangement that fell when Huitson lost.

They had a subsequent arrangement using loans.

The owner of the client lists is known but is quite shy.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
                Steed Solutions shup up shop a few years ago.
                yes understood Steed was who the original operator was, they changed the scheme names every year

Comment

WTT no response

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Most schemes go under quickly. Though they still pop up regularly.

You should get professional advice(i.e. some you pay for). Remember there are several snake oil salesmen selling solutions to scheme enquiries that will only make things worse.

BG/WTT seems to be recommended. And seems to be the only way of fighting HMRC.

If not, are going to have to settle with HMRC. And even that is fraught with danger as even when you do a final settlement with them they sometimes to try claim more.

What research did you join prior to joining this scheme?
                  Three phoncalls to WTT last week, also emailed them copy of letter- no response - after third phone call received a fairly standard email response outlining the fee structure! . Its is year end so understand that they will be busy but would really like to speak to someone directly, will chance my luck again next week.

Comment

You could just ring them. The number is here https://www.wttconsulting.co.uk/

You could ask admin for pm rights and message webberg directly.

Comment

Working...
                    X