• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

APN Valid or Invalid - Incorrect Name on APN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APN Valid or Invalid - Incorrect Name on APN

Hi,

Just wanted to check the conditions of APN to be valid.

If a name is not spelt correctly would that be ground for APN to be rendered invalid - has someone experienced this ?

Also, is there a checklist of things on what we need to look at APN ?

Originally posted by LazyInnocent View Post
    Hi,

Just wanted to check the conditions of APN to be valid.

If a name is not spelt correctly would that be ground for APN to be rendered invalid - has someone experienced this ?

Also, is there a checklist of things on what we need to look at APN ?
    Probably for round about a week until they re-issued it in the correct name. That's not to say that you shouldn't get it corrected but don't expect it to change anything - just delay things slightly...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And make sure you make that representation as close to the 90 day cut off period as possible, to maximize the delay. Although as already said by eek, that's all it is.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Is this for a loan scheme?

Is the scheme provider still around? Or are you planning to pay? Or join BG?

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
          And make sure you make that representation as close to the 90 day cut off period as possible, to maximize the delay. Although as already said by eek, that's all it is.
          Thanks for the response. Much appreciated 👍

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Is this for a loan scheme?

Is the scheme provider still around? Or are you planning to pay? Or join BG?
            Scheme provider (Darwin/IQ) evaporated into thin air 😏 no help whatsoever.

Pondering joining BG forum.

Besides that the Qs I have are which route should I go with them as below?

1. APN representation alone for a fee

2. APN repn + Tax enquiry handled for 12 months for a higher fee (double that of fee mentioned in 1)

3. £200 deposit + £18 monthly membership fee to join the bandwagon for possible settlement (with or without litigation as the case may be which we are not sur elf at this stage).

Point 3 , I understand there is a benefit for all affected parties to be together & liase with HMRC

Point 1 & 2 - is there any benefit of using any representation; is there not benefit in paying the APN in one go ? Otherwise u end up paying more to HMRC + additional fees for BG or similar representation.
            Am assuming HMRC is going to add penalties as part of the amortisation over 12 months for APN. If there is any benefit - which is better between these 2 options ?

Too many Qs there but would like
            To hear member views !!!

Comment

Scheme provider (Darwin/IQ) evaporated into thin air �� no help whatsoever.

Pondering joining BG forum.

Besides that the Qs I have are which route should I go with them as below?

1. APN representation alone for a fee

2. APN repn + Tax enquiry handled for 12 months for a higher fee (double that of fee mentioned in 1)

3. £200 deposit + £18 monthly membership fee to join the bandwagon for possible settlement (with or without litigation as the case may be which we are not sur elf at this stage).

Point 3 , I understand there is a benefit for all affected parties to be together & liase with HMRC

Point 1 & 2 - is there any benefit of using any representation; is there not benefit in paying the APN in one go ? Otherwise u end up paying more to HMRC + additional fees for BG or similar representation.
              Am assuming HMRC is going to add penalties as part of the amortisation over 12 months for APN. If there is any benefit - which is better between these 2 options ?

Too many Qs there but would like
              To hear member views !!!
              If you can afford the APN then pay it, you'll still be under investigation so it's not the end of the matter.

£200 deposit + £18 monthly membership fee is probably nothing compared to the amount that you owe HMRC. The BG boards there are active and informed - there's nothing here.
              It's a no-brainer - just join.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                If you can afford the APN then pay it, you'll still be under investigation so it's not the end of the matter.

£200 deposit + £18 monthly membership fee is probably nothing compared to the amount that you owe HMRC. The BG boards there are active and informed - there's nothing here.
                It's a no-brainer - just join.
                May be I was not clear - I agree & understand the value this BG membership offers - it's definitely a no-brainer ; my questions are more about what value the APN representation that BG offers for £1000. Is it just for amortising the payment demand to e over 12 months or anything else am
                Not seeing......please bear in mind - That's on top of £200 + £18 per month.....what extra benefits we get for paying a straight forward APN ?

Comment

May be I was not clear - I agree & understand the value this BG membership offers - it's definitely a no-brainer ; my questions are more about what value the APN representation that BG offers for £1000. Is it just for amortising the payment demand to e over 12 months or anything else am
                  Not seeing......please bear in mind - That's on top of £200 + £18 per month.....what extra benefits we get for paying a straight forward APN ?
                  Might be worth giving them a call to discuss your situation, that will cost nothing and allow you to make an informed decision.
                  STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
                  X