• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Spotlight on Rangers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Spotlight on Rangers

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/disguise...n-spotlight-41

To say that this is selective use of a wide decision would be kind.

However I suspect Follower Notices and accompanying nonsense to start appearing soon.

Any bets on these landing on door mats on Christmas Eve?
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/disguise...n-spotlight-41

To say that this is selective use of a wide decision would be kind.

However I suspect Follower Notices and accompanying nonsense to start appearing soon.

Any bets on these landing on door mats on Christmas Eve?
    Very careful phrasing there especially the use of Employment income rather than how its stated in the actual case which is "taxable employment income, subject to PAYE and NIC when the payment was made "

Now I wouldn't bet on Christmas Eve as its a Sunday but letters on mats on December 22/23 would be odds on...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

"HMRC strongly advises you to withdraw from the scheme and settle your tax affairs."

Inneresting as they are not settling at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Follower notices for employers / scheme providers?

Or invividuals?

Comment

Rangers' tax bill slashed by more than GBP5m as firm continues fight against HMRC - Daily Record

This is despite HMRC responding to the original times article with a ridiculously childish tweet stating "....we didnt miscalculate anything' (all it was missing was a 'so there!')

So, it leaves the question, why remove £5m? It cant be as part of a deal as the litigation settlement strategy specifically disallows such, yet you say there wasnt a miscalculation?

Which is it HMRC? I think, considering the loss of jobs and damage to the club that this case created, its within public interest to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Rangers' tax bill slashed by more than GBP5m as firm continues fight against HMRC - Daily Record

This is despite HMRC responding to the original times article with a ridiculously childish tweet stating "....we didnt miscalculate anything' (all it was missing was a 'so there!')

So, it leaves the question, why remove £5m? It cant be as part of a deal as the litigation settlement strategy specifically disallows such, yet you say there wasnt a miscalculation?

Which is it HMRC? I think, considering the loss of jobs and damage to the club that this case created, its within public interest to explain.

Here's some interesting commentary on the previous "miscalculation"

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! | Rangers Tax Case

Comment

Working...
            X