• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon exit opportunity (Non-Big Group discussion thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
    Sure. The fourth condition of paragraph 35A, with the information required being set out in paragraph 35B. These will be put into Schedule 11 of what will become FA (No. 2) 2017 (or FA 2018), assuming both become law.

To help you:
    as suspected, you have failed to understand the legislation as none of this impacts on you other than some bizarre drive to see people punished for actions taken 20 years ago. Give yourself a pat on the back or a boot up the arse. I suggest the latter.

Comment

I'm offering unicorns at £100 per gross as a result of the decision in the Rangers case. Just send the money by Western Union if you are interested.
      there are real people involved in this? What is the impact on yourself? No impact? You're just mouthing off about it as you paid full tax? Oh so sorry, I promise not to do it again.

Comment

Nope. I am not a contractor, I do not advise contractors, I don't work for HMRC and I am not trying to get paid work for posting on here. But people's behaviours to tax avoidance and tax evasion interest me so much that I plan to do a PhD in it.

In terms of the disguised remuneration legislation says, in the real world I believe am one of the leading experts in it. On here, I'm just a random stranger who makes boasts that you can either believe or not believe. That's entirely up to you.
        so you're a virgin who logs onto sexual health forums to lecture people about catching STIs even though you have no first-hand knowledge of the act. I'm going to ignore you from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
          So,

1) depreciated/written-off EBT loans are "reinstated", by the Trust, to their original GBP amounts

2) bridging finance, provided by another party, is used to pay off the EBT loans

What happens to the bridging loans? What about the money that is supposedly now sat back in the EBT? Will there be any real money transactions involved, or is it just bits of paper?

It all sounds very shaky to me.
          what is a bridging loan, by definition? Is it a loan that remains outstanding for years or does it have a finite expiration date? There are an incredible amount of obtuse posts and posters on this thread, all from people with no relevance to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeHorizon View Post
            what is a bridging loan, by definition? Is it a loan that remains outstanding for years or does it have a finite expiration date? There are an incredible amount of obtuse posts and posters on this thread, all from people with no relevance to the topic.
            A bridging loan is a short term loan designed to bridge the gap until the funds are available.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

as suspected, you have failed to understand the legislation as none of this impacts on you
              Thank you.

Comment

Horizon exit opportunity (Non-BG discussion thread)

so you're a virgin who logs onto sexual health forums to lecture people about catching STIs even though you have no first-hand knowledge of the act. I'm going to ignore you from now on.
                And I would advice you to watch how you post on this forum.

You have insulted two tax advisors who have tried to give you information because it doesn't suit your world view.

The other posters here have either been immediately involved in tax avoidance schemes or have knowledge that they are willing to pass on.

Have it your way, but don't expect anyone knowledgeable to give you useful information in the future.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not quite true. The comments are coming from people who are not involved so have a dispassionate view. That means we are reading the information as it is written rather than as you have - where you seem to be interpreting it as you “hope it’s been written”.

I don’t know how to break it to you but if you think iliketax, webberg or myself are anything other than interested people trying to do our best for people foolish or unlucky enough to end up in a loan scheme than you are mistaken. We’ve all read the information to hand and understand enough about it to know the escape plans don’t work.

My only reason for posting here is in the hope that I dissuade someone from trying one of the bridging escape route plans as i truly suspect they won’t work and will allow Hmrc to hit those foolish enough to try such a scheme twice
                  Last edited by eek; 17 September 2017, 20:07.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've done my own research and paid for my own advice, the two mantras of this forum, I'll be fine so I can either clear loans at 5% or pay tax at 20%. Toss a coin? Are there provisions for HMRC to tax me on repaid loans? Not according to my paid-for advice!
                    I'm not actually involved with the accountancy firm as such, having rejected their initial offering. But if I keep repeating that my choice at the moment is paying a 5% trust fee or paying 20% tax on my main loans, a decision I have still to make, will it ever sink in do you think? Does any of this impact you, out of interest?
                    Hang on you said you had paid for the advice from a accountancy firm so why haven't you followed it as you were so proud about paying for it... Mods - I belief FakeHorizon is a wind up merchant who is likely to do far more harm than good on this forum could you do the necessary....
                    Last edited by eek; 18 September 2017, 07:29.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      So,

1) depreciated/written-off EBT loans are "reinstated", by the Trust, to their original GBP amounts

2) bridging finance, provided by another party, is used to pay off the EBT loans

What happens to the bridging loans? What about the money that is supposedly now sat back in the EBT? Will there be any real money transactions involved, or is it just bits of paper?

It all sounds very shaky to me.
                      If the loan amount was depreciated then the ebt balance was also depreciated. So if the loan amount is reinstated, somehow, the ebt must also be. otherwise when you pay the loan back your ebt balance is still about zero and the bridging loan will never get paid off.

It seems to be a way of spending another 7.5% with little chance of it changing anything.

Still a can of worms in my sight.

As HRMC are not offering any incentives to settle then it looks like sit and wait is the only option. All my years have been closed for years. It's been over 10 years since I had contact from anyone.

Good luck to those who try this.

Comment

Working...
                      X