• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax on Having Loan Written Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax on Having Loan Written Off

I was in a loan scheme for 15/16 and returned my self assessment declaring the loans as income. I have paid the tax owed on this loan (not a big sum - I was with the scheme for only a few months).

I have researched and my 'loan' provider was a limited company not a trust. Does this mean i am immune to inheritance tax? Also, if my 'loan' is written off by a private limited company, are there any tax implications for this (considering I have already declared the loan as income on my self assessment)?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Nfelss
    Hi, any update on this case? Have you find a way of protecting yourself from the umbrella scheme owners coming back in 20 years demanding the loan repayment? Btw was it bedouin?
    FTFY as it was not an umbrella company and the OP doesn't refer to his scheme as one....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you are bothered, join BigGroup.

I think the chances of loan repayment being asked for are minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nfelss
        Thanks guys. I'm considering joining BG as the 2019 is on the horizon and the Rangers case seems to give some hope. Anyways, if anyone reading this considers joining any scheme - don't. One of the biggest mistakes of my life...
        Just be aware that Big Group opt in for its resolution plan is 8th December 2017.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
        X