• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting web

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting web

I posted a link to an article on the above website and suggested that it was an opportunity for contractors to put their view of the arrangements they used into the comments section.

To be fair I also allowed myself to become irritated by the tone of some of the contributors there who assumed that if contractors had taken "proper" advice, (presumably from them), contractors would never have used such obvious tax avoidance devices.

I now see however that an anonymous poster has accused me (and by implication my firm) of being hypocritical snake oil salesmen who make a living from contractors.

I have responded to that jibe.

I have nothing to hide. My profile is public for all to see. We take great pride in knowing that our clients understand (sometimes for the first time) the scheme they are part of and its consequences. They understand how we propose to resolve the position. They understand that we can give no guarantee that we will achieve a result lower than HMRC claim. We spend considerable time and effort in this activity. Our fees are at the more reasonable end of the spectrum, but yes, we charge fees.

I'm happy to debate the way in which I operate, in public or in private.

If you have a problem with what we do, at least have the courtesy to contact me directly (PM) and get your facts straight before making inaccurate remarks.

If you still want to make such remarks, please don't hide behind an anonymous user name.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

It seems that my position continues to irritate the anonymous poster in AccountingWeb.

I have asked the individual to have the courage to step out from behind their forum name there (not a name used in this forum) and debate the issues rather than continue to make personal insults.

I am aware that they read this forum and will no doubt read this, so please, if you have a problem with what I do, how I do it and what I'm trying to achieve, I'm more than happy to discuss that without resorting to personal statements.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
    X