• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AccountingWeb article - your chance to comment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy fellas - I think you're both batting for the same side here.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
      Easy fellas - I think you're both batting for the same side here.
      Who died and appointed you mod? If you want to argue, go over to general. And I will put you on ignore so I don't have to read your tedious ramblings....

Comment

Apologies - I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
          My understanding is BG does not offer nor believes in Legal action and fights. BG is all about individual settlements.
          Yet I keep reading post encouraging members to join BG to do some sort of collaborative group action. This is somewhat misleading unless someone can clarify.
          I'm afraid your understanding is incorrect.

BG would prefer to avoid litigation and to come to a GROUP settlement that can apply across a broad range of schemes, years and people. However, should it become necessary, we will, with the agreement of the membership, go for litigation.

BG does not deal in individual settlements. If members of BG want to go for an individual settlement, then there are a number of accounting and law firms who would be able to help, including WTT Consulting who administer BG.

There are some arrangements out there that are difficult to defend at any reasonable cost. Those who have used them are advised to go for individual settlement and to not become a BG member unless they wish to benefit from the benefits of the forum and its diverse views and resources.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            I'm afraid your understanding is incorrect.

BG would prefer to avoid litigation and to come to a GROUP settlement that can apply across a broad range ......
            Thanks for clarification. So we agree that there is nothing on BG's agenda to legally challenge 2019 in courts. Only service offered is to negotiate a settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Your attitude is a disgrace.
              My family think it's shameful what I did; receiving payment in loans and not paying tax.

Comment

I have closed this comment owing to complaints.

(And yes, I am aware of the irony...)
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X