• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon - new trustee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizon - new trustee

The Horizon family of arrangements

(Horizon Technology EBT; Palmrock EBT; Arnica EBT; Lornmark EBT; Menir EBT; Silvermist EBT; Tramline EBT; Paphos Credence Trust; Paphos Audacia Trust; The Provident Trust)

has a new trustee. They are based in Sofia in Bulgaria.

They have recently issued a letter to borrowers from at least some of the above which makes some proposals that are, despite their seeming simplicity as a solution, worthy of further investigation.

Our view is that without some form of HMRC opinion on the proposal, (we'll never get an approval but hopefully we'll get some form of view), there are a number of potential risks that could result in a higher than currently expected tax bill.

If you have such a letter - GO AND GET AN OPINION.

If you are in Big Group - go and visit the forum.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Anything further on this? Has any board member progressed this?

Thanks

Comment

Horizon EBT

More information coming out, but anyone know if this is a secure way forward?

Comment

Originally posted by me206et View Post
        More information coming out, but anyone know if this is a secure way forward?
        If you are in Big Group - go and get up to date via the forum.

If you are not, get an independent and unbiased opinion.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi. So I was thinking of joining Big Group. But actually after talking to someone there I was very much put off. I felt like the call was a very poor sales pitch. I have been in a few schemes a long time ago and they only seemed to know a little about Horizon and were very uninterested in my position. I am still open to being persuaded that it is worth it. Who else is available for advice? I am fully aware that advice is worth very much what you pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by me206et View Post
            Hi. So I was thinking of joining Big Group. But actually after talking to someone there I was very much put off. I felt like the call was a very poor sales pitch. I have been in a few schemes a long time ago and they only seemed to know a little about Horizon and were very uninterested in my position. I am still open to being persuaded that it is worth it. Who else is available for advice? I am fully aware that advice is worth very much what you pay for it.
            I declare an interest in that I am involved in Big Group and therefore potentially biased.

I am however surprised at your experience in calling us as it is not representative of 99.9% of those who contact us.

If you wish, please try again and ask for Graham or Rhys.

(No, me neither).

Comment

It is somewhat annoying that key discussions, sharing information and collaboration via this forum is chocked by the insistence that all must join the Big Group. Either directly or indirectly members are discouraged from sharing important information because HMRC read the thread. Go to Big Group.

Well, Big Group's costing as a subscription based service is somewhat prohibiting.

I appreciate good advice costs, so does good advertising.

This forum just like 10s of thousands of other interest related forums is free and is meant to be used for persons with related interests and issues to exchange as discuss their concerns.

However I see multiple threads over the last couple of years where the thread is chocked and members are referred to Big Group and encouraged to stop discussions here.

So if people have something relevant and useful to add, please do so. Otherwise seek advertising on Facebook and Google Ad.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                It is somewhat annoying that key discussions, sharing information and collaboration via this forum is chocked by the insistence that all must join the Big Group. Either directly or indirectly members are discouraged from sharing important information because HMRC read the thread. Go to Big Group.

Well, Big Group's costing as a subscription based service is somewhat prohibiting.

I appreciate good advice costs, so does good advertising.

This forum just like 10s of thousands of other interest related forums is free and is meant to be used for persons with related interests and issues to exchange as discuss their concerns.

However I see multiple threads over the last couple of years where the thread is chocked and members are referred to Big Group and encouraged to stop discussions here.

So if people have something relevant and useful to add, please do so. Otherwise seek advertising on Facebook and Google Ad.
                So would you rather have SOME information for free, that others have paid for or nothing at all ???? Going down the route suggested, may just make it worse for others that value the FREE advice. Yes, I am a fully paid member and I challenge you to find ANY other tax advice service that gives you the wealth of information BG provides, for the small monthly fee that they charge. The private forum within the group is, my opinion, worth the money alone !! Each to their own I guess. Also, webberg has always been open and honest about his part of BG and has always had the backing from Admin around his intentions.
                Last edited by regron; 12 September 2017, 08:19. Reason: Disclosure
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Can anyone add something of value please, before this thread is destroyed?

Originally posted by regron View Post
                  So would you rather have SOME information for free, that others have paid for or nothing at all ???? Going down the route suggested, may just make it worse for others that value the FREE advice. Yes, I am a fully paid member and I challenge you to find ANY other tax advice service that gives you the wealth of information BG provides, for the small monthly fee that they charge. The private forum within the group is, my opinion, worth the money alone !! Each to their own I guess. Also, webberg has always been open and honest about his part of BG and has always had the backing from Admin around his intentions.
                  Here we go, Indirect advertising.

This forum is for sharing information on topic for free. Your last posts shares nothing on the topic. Waste of internet traffic.

Stop the attacks, Stop the CAPS, Stop hate. If you have nothing to add on topic please do not reply.

I am interested to hear from others who have been in touch with the new administrator and if they could share what they have discovered so far.

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                    So would you rather have SOME information for free, that others have paid for or nothing at all ???? Going down the route suggested, may just make it worse for others that value the FREE advice.
                    In fairness, this forum used to offer a wealth off opinion and advice before BG was established and traffic moved there.

Comment

Working...
                    X