• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML IOM ~ smartpay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting settlement info from AML - any luck?

Hello

I’m working with WTT to agree a settlement with HMRC. WTT is asking for details about:
    -outstanding loans
    -the scheme I was on
    -my remuneration.

AML has gone very quiet or late (no doubt they’re inundated with requests at the moment) and obviously time is of the essence.

Has anyone had any luck getting this information from AML?

Thanks in advance. Thank goodness for this forum, it’s been a real help in what has been a stressful time for us all.

Comment

Big group link help

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
      Unfortunately you may have a few more...many of us ex-AML people joined Big Group. We have a strategy and it won't get discussed on public forums. AML are still around but they are so slow and hard to get information from, because unfortunately there is a climate of paranoia as HMRC do frequent these forums and so understandably they do not want others privy to it.

We have difficult decisions as individuals but the collective members of Big Group is a life saver for many of us.
      Hi LandRover I am in the same situation and want to look at signing up to Big Group however I can't get the link at the bottom of you post to work.
      Could you confirm where I can get more information?

Thanks

Comment

AMLTAX

Originally posted by Nicolette View Post
        Hello

I’m working with WTT to agree a settlement with HMRC. WTT is asking for details about:
        -outstanding loans
        -the scheme I was on
        -my remuneration.

AML has gone very quiet or late (no doubt they’re inundated with requests at the moment) and obviously time is of the essence.

Has anyone had any luck getting this information from AML?

Thanks in advance. Thank goodness for this forum, it’s been a real help in what has been a stressful time for us all.
        Nicolette
        Call 0845 624 0075 - this is for AMLTAX, they should be able to provide you your total loan amounts over the phone and email. I also checked with [email protected] for a breakdown of each loan per month/year and checked against bank statements. Some were incorrect so please be sure to check against your statements. Be patient with [email protected] as they do take a while but a few stern mails and I got what I wanted.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMc View Post
          Hi LandRover I am in the same situation and want to look at signing up to Big Group however I can't get the link at the bottom of you post to work.
          Could you confirm where I can get more information?

Thanks
          Go to WTT Consulting website and follow the links from there.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

AML loan amounts

Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
            Nicolette
            Call 0845 624 0075 - this is for AMLTAX, they should be able to provide you your total loan amounts over the phone and email. I also checked with [email protected] for a breakdown of each loan per month/year and checked against bank statements. Some were incorrect so please be sure to check against your statements. Be patient with [email protected] as they do take a while but a few stern mails and I got what I wanted.

Good luck.
            Thanks for this information.

I've emailed AML to ask for loan amounts and have had a reply that they're very busy but will provide the information in due course.

I also emailed PTS who had been referred to everyone who received emails from AML, SmartPay and Knox. They will only share the information if you pay the engagement fee (£250).

I'm still trying to figure out the amounts via statements...

Comment

AML/Smartpay

Originally posted by MLeggsy View Post
              Hi ric_77, This is why you need professional support. Part of any settlement process must be to make it "final", tax liability paid, loans released and IHT position understood. I have no reason to believe that AML will prevent an individual from settling their affairs in full.

MLeggsy
              I too am ex AML/Smartpay. I was told some time ago that AML had been "rebranded" whatever that means. I have had messages from Knox and Smartpay on my liability under the HMRC smash and grab, but no news on any challenge by AML or Smartpay or anyone else for that matter.

I know exactly what my "loans" were, so can anyone point me to what kind of maximum liability I may have Tax + NI + IHT percentages (is IHT inevitable?)

Comment

Smartpay

Hi i was with Smartpay 2016 to 2017. I have have been asked by HMRC to complete a self assessment for that period. I contacted Smartpay twice and they have told me not to declare the loans and if I do then I'm on my own! Any advice would be gratefully received or info on where I can get help. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Clouds16 View Post
                  Hi i was with Smartpay 2016 to 2017. I have have been asked by HMRC to complete a self assessment for that period. I contacted Smartpay twice and they have told me not to declare the loans and if I do then I'm on my own! Any advice would be gratefully received or info on where I can get help. Thanks
                  Get advice.

on here the active advisers are WTT (that's me) or Phil at DSW.

A google search will find us both.

We (and I think Phil) offer a free initial call.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

AML have suddenly gone quiet that is correct, but its not due to them being busy processing requests for ex-clients, they have just come up with a different way of trying to extract money out of us all by setting up this PTS / Vanquish brand which many consider to be part of the same Knox House group.

Hence, every response for info from them is met with a default reply of 'engaging' with PTS for a fee. It gets worse should you choose to use their services to settle.

Wouldnt touch them or trust them in any way.

Comment

Correct - they (AML, Smartpay, Knox House, et al) can see their business is dying and are trying to extract one last sum of money out of their victims. Do not give PTS / Vanquish or whoever else any of your time or effort, or money.

It's a scheme to solve a scheme and you will be caught by HMRC rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X