• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HELP! HMRC letter demanding more than 30K! Desperate!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous Loans

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
    This

If people can get through to 2019, if they are a Ltd Company contractor and can save enough personally before then, they will be able to take no salary/divs and just declare their previous loans as income. This will bring down the liability

I haven't had this confirmed, however everything I have read suggests this to be true

Apologies if it isn't

Hi all, First Post

Reason I joined is that I have just been asked to fill in a self assessment for 14/15 due to previous loans.

I was with Dynamic Partners who used Darwin as their Ltd company, I think I am going to declare the loans as income as above, will they tax the loan amount or expect you to pay the whole loan back? very confusing. Also, was this an illegal scheme in the first place? why now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Le

Comment

Originally posted by leenudge View Post
      Hi all, First Post

Reason I joined is that I have just been asked to fill in a self assessment for 14/15 due to previous loans.

I was with Dynamic Partners who used Darwin as their Ltd company, I think I am going to declare the loans as income as above, will they tax the loan amount or expect you to pay the whole loan back? very confusing. Also, was this an illegal scheme in the first place? why now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Le

HMRC consider loan amount as income and will apply tax on it as PAYE

Comment

Working...
      X