• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7a Apr 6th 2017 legislation - obligation to repay a loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7a Apr 6th 2017 legislation - obligation to repay a loan

Hi
    I recently listened to the WTT/MyFD seminar regarding the 7a Apr 6th 2017 legislation.

But I am confused about the benefits of getting my loans released.

If the loans can be released (i.e. the obligation to repay the loan is released) prior to Apr 6th 2017 then they will not be caught by the new 7a amendment legislation which states after Apr 6th 2017 any non-cash repayment is ignored. So a release of a loan before Apr 6th 2017 will not be included in the new 2019 Tax charge but a release afterwards will be.

But will the “transfer of value” of the loan whether released prior or post Apr 6th 2017 then be liable to inheritance tax.

It seems whichever way you treat your loan will have to pay Tax either in the form of “Income Tax” or in the form of “IHT” – is this correct???

Is there a benefit of paying IHT over income tax?

Thanks for any help

Nobody is going to reply to this on a public forum.

PM me if you wish
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
    X