• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The biggest group of all?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest group of all?

All of the 40,000 affected (and anyone else that might be interested)...

We are all in disparate groups attempting to settle our affairs with an ever aggressive and underhand HMRC.

Whilst the benefit of these groups is unquestionable as individuals, we are only really going to make a difference if we all join together.

How many groups are there out there?

Big Group is one...

To be blunt it's irrelevant - a lot of the groups are simply the next iteration of the original scheme creator or the company the scheme creator has sold the support hassle to.

The only thing you can do here is decided whether to Continue with whatever the scheme is trying to do or join someone trying to negotiate a different settlement by using a different approach. All HMRC want is the money they believe is due to them. Joining a bigger group isn't going to make any difference to HMRC's approach. You just need to pick the group you believe will provide the best outcome for yourself.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have to say I disagree there. I'm not looking to jump ship for settlement, I've happily thrown my eggs in the Big Group basket for that. Maybe no one is interested and everyone wants to just put all this behind them, but there might be others out there who aren't happy with the way this has all panned out and would be prepared to get together to try and do something, anything.

Maybe there won't be anyone and I have no issues if it's just me, but it's worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Have to say I disagree there. I'm not looking to jump ship for settlement, I've happily thrown my eggs in the Big Group basket for that. Maybe no one is interested and everyone wants to just put all this behind them, but there might be others out there who aren't happy with the way this has all panned out and would be prepared to get together to try and do something, anything.

Maybe there won't be anyone and I have no issues if it's just me, but it's worth a try.
        Your problem here is that you are trying to herd cats and you are x years too late....
        Last edited by eek; 21 December 2016, 14:07.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          You're problem here is that you are trying to herd cats and you are x years too late....
          It's never too late apparently, ask HMRC. I suppose in their case though even if it is too late then they just make a new law and hey presto, it isn't too late.

The cats thing I get though, let's see if this thread develops or not...

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

Not just you.
            Everyone's circumstances are different. But sadly, what few acknowledge is that the nexus of HMRC's strategy is that they win by default cause we're too broke to fund a defence - and counter-attack.
            Big Group exists because Big membership = Big Money. And in the UK, money talks and everything else walks.
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              To be blunt it's irrelevant - a lot of the groups are simply the next iteration of the original scheme creator or the company the scheme creator has sold the support hassle to.

The only thing you can do here is decided whether to Continue with whatever the scheme is trying to do or join someone trying to negotiate a different settlement by using a different approach. All HMRC want is the money they believe is due to them. Joining a bigger group isn't going to make any difference to HMRC's approach. You just need to pick the group you believe will provide the best outcome for yourself.
              Big Group definitely is not the next iteration of the original scheme creators. Big Group has no link the the scheme creators. The members are from different groups and the advise given by Big Group has definitely been the best so far and the most cost effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes1 View Post
                Big Group definitely is not the next iteration of the original scheme creators. Big Group has no link the the scheme creators. The members are from different groups and the advise given by Big Group has definitely been the best so far and the most cost effective.
                Yup I agree- and Big Group approach is about Settlement, not trying to defend whatever arrangements were used.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                  Yup I agree- and Big Group approach is about Settlement, not trying to defend whatever arrangements were used.
                  I will probably join big group.

I have not decided yet what I'll be doing. Fair settlement - you mean a settlement similar to Amazon and Google With HMRC admitting there own culpability?

Other options = stay and fight or leave the UK.

Comment

I don't think the thread title helps...

I'm not advocating Big Group in this thread, I'm not suggesting we join together to form yet another settlement group of any kind.

The vast majority of our groups were formed when tax law was tax law, there was no spirit, avoidance and evasion were distinct and different and HMRC still abided by their own time limits.

Wind forward a few years and the world has changed.

We all know it's because HMRC don't know their A from their E and played a massive part in creating a cesspool of inadequacy that they're desperately trying to cover up.

So why not join all our collective selves together to root out the policy makers that allowed this to happen bring them to account?

Starting with the twat that wrote "This measure is not expected to have a material impact on family formation, stability or breakdown."

Comment

Working...
                    X