• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Via Trade Consultants - Intention to enquire into SA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seryozha View Post
    Does anyone have a view on the following:

Received a HMRC self assessment check regarding employment through Via Trade Consultants. It noted that I did not need to reply at this time. They go on to state they are "looking at all of the arrangements and transactions undertaken as part of the tax avoidance scheme reviewing a sample of documents pertaining to the general workings of the scheme."

Via Trade Consultants, or so I thought, are linked to Tandem Strategies (the introducers) themselves sharing offices with, or are the same as, Bright Streams.

The underlying umbrella format I believe was completely legitimate: direct employee of the consultancy and receive PAYE salary.

WRT Tandem's 'product', as a non employee contribute to a commercial benefit trust (I think this is overseen by Buckingham Wealth), and as a non employee receive loans from the trust.

The originators, for the moment, support users through direct legal liaison with HMRC handling their enquiries.

Anyone know of the status of any of the above scheme?

Appreciated...

You've been using a tax avoidance scheme.

Don't waste time getting support from Tandem or Buckingham Wealth, any advice around responses to HMRC may well be viewed as obstruction and lead to penalties.
    Do a search for Baxendale Walker (the brains behind Buckingham Wealth) if you want an idea of the sort of people you're dealing with.

I would really recommend speaking to WTT or joining BigGroup. WTT probably have the broadest view of all the schemes that are currently active (many of which use the BW Minerva trust).

Don't try and find any form of succour on these forums. Some of the better 'advice' is probably from HMRC who are active on these boards. Some of the posters will delight in your misfortune I'm afraid, so for the sake of your sanity keep away and seek real advice.

Comment

Baxendale Walker
      Hmmm, interesting, thank you.
      Buckingham Wealth
      Hmmm, even more interesting, in a central American kind of way.
      Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 4 December 2017, 10:46.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The underlying umbrella format I believe was completely legitimate: direct employee of the consultancy and receive PAYE salary.
        What made you believe that the underlying umbrella forma was completely legitimate?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
          Don't try and find any form of succour on these forums. Some of the better 'advice' is probably from HMRC who are active on these boards. Some of the posters will delight in your misfortune I'm afraid, so for the sake of your sanity keep away and seek real advice.
          I would like to point out that the HMRC Scheme Enquiries Forum is heavily moderated.

Regular posters on this sub-forum offer advice and guidance. As for the quality of that advice, I would say research to get as much as you can.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I would like to point out that the HMRC Scheme Enquiries Forum is heavily moderated.

Regular posters on this sub-forum offer advice and guidance. As for the quality of that advice, I would say research to get as much as you can.
            Cojak - I know you guys do as much as you can re. moderation, and for that, we can only thank you. But, and it's a big BUT, people should not rely on the advice given here.

Get professional advice from those who do not hide behind anonymity.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              What made you believe that the underlying umbrella forma was completely legitimate?
              QC Approved?

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                QC Approved?
                Thanks. WTT and Big Group next.

I see this as settlement: timed pre-emptive full disclosure hopefully with voluntary restitution terms for the unprotected years, whatever else for the year now under a compliance check. Not sure if Nics will apply as the umbrella was supposedly employment not self employment.

Damage is done and I dare say there’ll be others...

Comment

Thanks. WTT and Big Group next.

I see this as settlement: timed pre-emptive full disclosure hopefully with voluntary restitution terms for the unprotected years, whatever else for the year now under a compliance check. Not sure if Nics will apply as the umbrella was supposedly employment not self employment.

Damage is done and I dare say there’ll be others...
                  Hello Seryozha

As per my previous post, feel free to message me on here. We have a few that are part of a group.

Also with the provider still providing responses it may be worth speaking with them before you join Big Group. Unless, of course, you are just looking to settle, rather than fight it?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                    Hello Seryozha

As per my previous post, feel free to message me on here. We have a few that are part of a group.

Also with the provider still providing responses it may be worth speaking with them before you join Big Group. Unless, of course, you are just looking to settle, rather than fight it?
                    As indicated on the Big Group thread, we have closed this for new members unless they are willing to join our proposed settlement.

If settlement is your choice, you can simply call HMRC and ask for numbers - costs nothing.

If you want to consider your options, most professional advisers can help.

If you've done that and want to understand what the settlement or other options mean in practice, then get advice.

I would say that advice from a promoter cannot be impartial. They are trying to protect a business and/or possibly a tax charge on them and as such they are conflicted.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      If settlement is your choice, you can simply call HMRC and ask for numbers - costs nothing.
                      How can people stop HMRC going after more tax later? Such as IHT after income tax? Don't people need some sort of advice? Is that through an accountant? A lawyer? BG? WTT?

Comment

Working...
                      X