• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

another tax avoidance scheme - an annuity!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WASP View Post
    so whats your alternative
    Sticking to my LTD as I have done for many, many, years.

I have seen many schemes come and go in this time, nearly all are under HMRC investigation now.

Still fill your boots, if you are feeling lucky
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

OK people I have been reading the story board those with recent dealings with Innoplan - have you took up there service

I came over to the dark side in 2014 - becoming a contactor after been strangled to death as a PAYE for 35 years

New to the contracting game my accountant - Brooksons who make the Spanish inquisition look like a Sunday school outing, I need to ditch as it's been 2+ years of pain

Bottom line is Innoplan HMRC compliant - I have been approached by them like everyone else I am looking for a more tax efficient way to extract money - in my case its 85% of my contract his may because I have a pension which is taken into account, I have asked for the relevant HMRC guidance on this Annuity lark - will wait and see what they come back with

I am not one for making decisions lightly I like to delve to the 10th Degree - otherwise the HMRC can have you by the short and curleys - sometimes I think Brooksons are an Agent for HMRC

I express my concerns with Innoplan - the marketing executive gives me the contact details of a third party who runs his books through them.

I contact this third party he worked in same line as me in the North Sea in the last 30 years whilst he has moved in different circles we know some of the same people - oil & gas is a small world we chew the cud on who we know and he mentions a name one that there is no way a scam artist could know unless you had been in the game - dejavu -any way I ask another mutual acquaintance if the third party is sound and he tells me he is a good guy, now this 3rd party told me he has used Innoplan for 3 years and has not ad any come back from HMRC

So any feedback out there on Innoplan and can amyone actually say they have a good contacting soluton
      I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not taking the p**s.
      Do not touch any "scheme" or "umbrella" company that claims to pay you 90% or 85% of your contract rate. It will be a tax avoidance scam and will lead to endless years of pain and expense.
      Just go Ltd. or use a proper Umbrella company.

If you think these schemes work, please read the countless horror stories on these boards.
      Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

OK people I have been reading the story board those with recent dealings with Innoplan - have you took up there service

I came over to the dark side in 2014 - becoming a contactor after been strangled to death as a PAYE for 35 years

New to the contracting game my accountant - Brooksons who make the Spanish inquisition look like a Sunday school outing, I need to ditch as it's been 2+ years of pain

Bottom line is Innoplan HMRC compliant - I have been approached by them like everyone else I am looking for a more tax efficient way to extract money - in my case its 85% of my contract his may because I have a pension which is taken into account, I have asked for the relevant HMRC guidance on this Annuity lark - will wait and see what they come back with

I am not one for making decisions lightly I like to delve to the 10th Degree - otherwise the HMRC can have you by the short and curleys - sometimes I think Brooksons are an Agent for HMRC

I express my concerns with Innoplan - the marketing executive gives me the contact details of a third party who runs his books through them.

I contact this third party he worked in same line as me in the North Sea in the last 30 years whilst he has moved in different circles we know some of the same people - oil & gas is a small world we chew the cud on who we know and he mentions a name one that there is no way a scam artist could know unless you had been in the game - dejavu -any way I ask another mutual acquaintance if the third party is sound and he tells me he is a good guy, now this 3rd party told me he has used Innoplan for 3 years and has not ad any come back from HMRC

So any feedback out there on Innoplan and can amyone actually say they have a good contacting soluton
        Have you got a terminal disease with less than 5 years to live and no dependants?

Yes pile in.

No run away fast.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Strange thing. Innoplan ltd seems only to have been operating since 20th May 2016. And I find nothing else about them using the normal searches.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Innoplan Marketing

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Strange thing. Innoplan ltd seems only to have been operating since 20th May 2016. And I find nothing else about them using the normal searches.
            It was a proper aggressive scam designed to take all your money and leave you for dead. They spoke to my accountant for an hour and, when I asked for a few DD checks, they disappeared.... Now the website gone and all cleaned up.

I wonder how many poor buggers they did scam and if they are still giving over their money....

Let us know if you were approached by Innoplan.

Regards,

J

Comment

HMRC look to be all over this already

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/disguise...s-spotlight-35

Comment

The Point

I really think you have missed the point entirely - sorry; no offence meant.

Facts:
                * Domain taken 2016-06-17, they said they had been in business for >4yrs
                * After asking some basic company verification questions they disappeared
                * During the sales pitch; chap stated they "turnover millions of pounds for NHS consultants". There have been no filed accounts for this company.
                * Company website no longer exists and no responses from emails.

Judge for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybb2000 View Post
                  I really think you have missed the point entirely - sorry; no offence meant.

Facts:
                  * Domain taken 2016-06-17, they said they had been in business for >4yrs
                  * After asking some basic company verification questions they disappeared
                  * During the sales pitch; chap stated they "turnover millions of pounds for NHS consultants". There have been no filed accounts for this company.
                  * Company website no longer exists and no responses from emails.

Judge for yourself.
                  No, I just pointed out that HMRC are all over it and that is likely the reason for them disappearing

Comment

Eh?

Excellent.

Comment

I've just had a phone call, told them to mail me the details but looks the exact same tax avoidance scam so certainly still appear to be trading and looking for wiling clients/victims.

Comment

Working...
                      X