• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the 2019 Loan Charge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    Who knows, when HMRC keep moving the goal posts.
    Indeed. Are they settling with anyone at the moment?

Comment

What I find particularly ******* amusing is that the experts - ILikeTax and Webberg, etc. have no idea what HMRC are doing, not because they are idiots but because HMRC is unable to provide clarity on anything.

It is embarrassing and indicative of the really low quality of staff and thinking that the civil service is applying to this. I'd like to think it's because their finest minds are worrying about Brexit, but I fear it's because their finest minds left public service a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ConfusedEasily View Post
        What I find particularly ******* amusing is that the experts - ILikeTax and Webberg, etc. have no idea what HMRC are doing, not because they are idiots but because HMRC is unable to provide clarity on anything.

It is embarrassing and indicative of the really low quality of staff and thinking that the civil service is applying to this. I'd like to think it's because their finest minds are worrying about Brexit, but I fear it's because their finest minds left public service a long time ago.
        Why should they provide any clarity when they can do what they want, when they want?

Comment

Hi, sorry to barge with a question here without having the chance to read all the thread, is the loan charge 2019 applies to loans from EBT only, or would it also apply from my ltd to personal /director loan, or from one ltd to another ltd (e.g. from my contractor ltd to another investment ltd owned by same director?)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
            Hi, sorry to barge with a question here without having the chance to read all the thread, is the loan charge 2019 applies to loans from EBT only, or would it also apply from my ltd to personal /director loan, or from one ltd to another ltd (e.g. from my contractor ltd to another investment ltd owned by same director?)
            You could type '2019 Loan Charge' in to google and read the first link which will answer your question.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You could type '2019 Loan Charge' in to google and read the first link which will answer your question.
              Indeed, also a great quote from the same site.

In my view, these new rules are pernicious, potentially unlawful (and certainly against the extra statutory protocol) and arguably unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                or from one ltd to another ltd (e.g. from my contractor ltd to another investment ltd owned by same director?)
                You probably won't get an answer on the internet to that one. You will need to pay for some professional advice bespoke to your own situation. When you do, mention the "close companies' gateway" and the ICAEW's 13 October 2017 representation on the draft Finance Bill. The legislations been toned down a bit in the Finance Bill so not all that the ICAEW says is still relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ConfusedEasily View Post

Agreed. Any pen pusher with half a brain has long since left. All that is left is the chaff.

Comment

Stupid question

received my P11d which identifies my employee loan but it says it was discharged - what does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Socialsarah73 View Post
                      received my P11d which identifies my employee loan but it says it was discharged - what does this mean?
                      It means you probably owe IHT...

Join Big Group, get an accountant or get advice from WTT - they'll chat with you on the phone...

Comment

Working...
                      X