• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from the UTT this morning:

"There has been no final decision on this late appeal. We are still in the process of fixing a hearing."

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Update from the UTT this morning:

"There has been no final decision on this late appeal. We are still in the process of fixing a hearing."
      And yet, it seems HMRC has already started sending out letters warning of incoming Follower Notices.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        And yet, it seems HMRC has already started sending out letters warning of incoming Follower Notices.
        Correct, and this is not the first time they've jumped the gun.

They sent out an FN warning letter to one person at the beginning of July, and it took some prodding to get them to back down.

Comment

So, these Class 4 NICs

Got my heads-up letter today. Any idea how to estimate what they will be? I assume they're not contestable

Comment

The Class 4 NICs were included in the Closure Notices HMRC issued after the retro legislation was enacted.

Comment

Thanks DR, I'll dig them out

Comment

Am I reading this right?

Montpelier have screwed up the Huitson appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                  Montpelier have screwed up the Huitson appeal?
                  They submitted the UTTT appeal late. It might be a delaying tactic? It could still be allowed, this giving more time?

Comment

lol

Comment

It was a blunder by all accounts.

Comment

Working...
                      X