• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Notice of Assessment APSE Consulting Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    MW solutions are in denial over the 2019 loan charge. They say it will not apply to their scheme but do not explain why. Short responses to questions give no confidence to the poor punters that were sucked in to this racket
    also note companies house:-

Termination of appointment of Colin Quirk as a director on 28 March 2018

and

Appointment of Portfolio Admin Services Limited as a director on 28 March 2018

Looks like someone is putting some distance between themselves and .....

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      All sorted
      Please can I get PM rights too? Have skin in this one also...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
        Drop me a PM

Also dropped a PM

Comment

Over the last year or so I’ve had lots of questions asked by HMRC about apse/ trust. All dealt with by the so called law team however I have now received a section 36 which will impose fines if the questions are not answered by August. It’s fair to say the responses so far from the legal team have been trying to defend themselves and not all questions have been answered. I’m contemplating settling now so think I’ll need to provide all answers myself or hope that they just close this enquiry when settlement is agreed. Has anyone else received a section 36?

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
            Over the last year or so I’ve had lots of questions asked by HMRC about apse/ trust. All dealt with by the so called law team however I have now received a section 36 which will impose fines if the questions are not answered by August. It’s fair to say the responses so far from the legal team have been trying to defend themselves and not all questions have been answered. I’m contemplating settling now so think I’ll need to provide all answers myself or hope that they just close this enquiry when settlement is agreed. Has anyone else received a section 36?
            Speak to WTT, they're dealing with quite a few APSE cases.

One point I would make, though, unlike the vast majority BW has hung around - probably because they have an awful lot of IT contractors and other professions on their books. Their level of aggressive reply may well suit those with suitably deep pockets - you don't have pockets deep enough. Speak to WTT.
            Last edited by ConfusedEasily; 29 May 2018, 20:24.

Comment

If you haven't yet I'd suggest you register for CLSO2 as well - last day is tomorrow 31st May.

Comment

Yes already sent mail to register.

One other thing I did notice about this schemes literature is that they say that the insurance would pay out all previous fees if it was ever fought by HMRC. I haven’t approached this yet with them if I decided to settle

Comment

Yes already sent mail to register.

One other thing I did notice about this schemes literature is that they say that the insurance would pay out all previous fees if it was ever fought by HMRC. I haven’t approached this yet with them if I decided to settle
                  You settling wouldn't be classed as them loosing against HMRC.

Comment

Hi,

I have just seen this thread and JDQ is replying for me as well as there is an investigation going on.

Obviously I am very worried.

Just to summarize the events so far - first I got a letter of intention of an inquiry and then it all started.

Then HMRC asked for various information, JDQ replied for some by providing answers but for other they claimed it's not relevant. After couple of more self assessment team sent me the bill to pay for the tax / NI due which JDQ said not to pay and appeal, which I did.

Now HMRC again asked to provide all documents saying they will decide whats needed and whats not and reply is pending by Aug 2018.

What is happening with others? Has anyone else crossed all of that? So far JDQ is been helpful but will they continue to be?

Also I saw a post mentioning CLSO2, which has an end date of 31st May, by showing interest don't we sort of admit that we were doing something wrong and want to get it right instead of fighting (with help of JDQ) to say we haven't done anything wrong.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by swathingmold View Post
                      Hi,

I have just seen this thread and JDQ is replying for me as well as there is an investigation going on.

Obviously I am very worried.

Just to summarize the events so far - first I got a letter of intention of an inquiry and then it all started.

Then HMRC asked for various information, JDQ replied for some by providing answers but for other they claimed it's not relevant. After couple of more self assessment team sent me the bill to pay for the tax / NI due which JDQ said not to pay and appeal, which I did.

Now HMRC again asked to provide all documents saying they will decide whats needed and whats not and reply is pending by Aug 2018.

What is happening with others? Has anyone else crossed all of that? So far JDQ is been helpful but will they continue to be?

Also I saw a post mentioning CLSO2, which has an end date of 31st May, by showing interest don't we sort of admit that we were doing something wrong and want to get it right instead of fighting (with help of JDQ) to say we haven't done anything wrong.

Thanks
                      Unfortunately you are behind the curve here. JDQ are protecting themselves - they tell you the 2019 LC doesn't apply BUT can not back that up and HMRC will certainly apply the 2019 LC. You should register for CLSO2 to keep your options open (it isn't admitting anything - HMRC have you in their sights anyway).

Comment

Working...
                      X