• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughts on Cascade(etc) with Fighting Funds & Letters of Representation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Cascade(etc) with Fighting Funds & Letters of Representation

Feels like I'm blundering around in the dark a bit, so am just looking for what others are experiencing/doing.

Background: I was with Cascade for a period of about 4 years, and have now had an APN covering all those years. I'm also going through the fighting fund cascade had setup as part of the JR's.

We've just been informed cascade has now closed down, and I'm just not entirely sure what my best plan of action is - ie, should I trust that fighting fund, or maybe it won't make any difference.

I would love to know anyone in the same cascade boat, and their experiences (whether should stay with the fighting fund, or investigate WTT's BigGroup I've read a bit about for example (but not entirely sure what I get, other then perhaps access to a private forum)).

I'm also currently trying to get my letter of representation together to try and stop the APN (although I believe the end result will just be another 30 days stay of execution), but, I'm having a lot of difficulty with a plan of attack to calculate 4 years of the schemes income with a view of finding holes in their calculations. Is there any advice or resources I can use that anyone knows of?

All a bit of a mess

I am unable to pm u. PM me please.

Comment

Joining BG is a no brainer. Plenty of ex-Cascade there.
      Do not discuss your affairs here. HMRC are with us.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        Say hi to them
        Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
        http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
          Say hi to them

Comment

Originally posted by johndalton View Post
            We've just been informed cascade has now closed down
            Can you share how you've found out about them closing? I received their recent contractor updates, which didn't stipulate closure, but then again their website's down...

Comment

Originally posted by bitfrustrated View Post
              Can you share how you've found out about them closing? I received their recent contractor updates, which didn't stipulate closure, but then again their website's down...
              Interesting.

Which updates are you referring to?
              Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
              http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                I am unable to pm u. PM me please.
                Can't PM yet as I just joined...

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                Joining BG is a no brainer. Plenty of ex-Cascade there.
                Definitely not intending to discuss details or use real names/numbers etc... I know hmrc are watching

Comment

Originally posted by bitfrustrated View Post
                  They had informed their remaining clients.

Comment

Ok maybe this isn't the best arena to discuss so I won't mention details mentioned on contractor updates etc... I'll consider joining the BT group etc which seems to be the place to discuss. Join the "potential bankruptcy support" group

Comment

Working...
                    X